• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Praise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praise

Ok, being a bit soft here as a contractor. Numerous contracts since 1996 but I have not known a Recruitment Consultant that has been so pro-active as the current one. Scenario... put in a monthly timesheet, immediate phonecall, "I will chase Clompany(a) to get it authourised", as I am 100% home based. Every two weeks he/she calls ensuring that everything is going ok, any problems etc.

I'm aware obviously of their commision basis, but they seem to look after the contractors. Tempted to put in an E-Mail to their boss and basically tell them that they are doing a Sterling Job. Ok we're mercenary but in all this negativity put 'praise where praise is due'.

Will not mention Agency on Forum, but as we all had sh*t ones I think they deserve a mention in desptaches.

Maybe, I going soft in my old age

They won't last long as an agency with that attitude. I've been in the business too long to expect any better.

Saying that pimps are going to have to actually do some work to source work for us that do the work if you get what I mean, so maybe they are just greasing your pole at the moment.

Comment

Is the fact you're 100% home based related to who the agent is, or a coincidence? I'm looking for something similar if the former,
      pm me perhaps?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
        They won't last long as an agency with that attitude. I've been in the business too long to expect any better.

Saying that pimps are going to have to actually do some work to source work for us that do the work if you get what I mean, so maybe they are just greasing your pole at the moment.
        Hmmm seems the agency thing has taken a turn for the worse since I was contracting. I had brilliant agents back in the mid-90's, but the last 4 years i worked at the clientco (on a 3 month contract LOL) I was direct.

Here in NZ and Oz the agencies are as you would hope - professional people liasing with clients and contractors to find a match. No fishing, no random CV posting, accurate job descriptions for positions that exist etc.

The wonderful agent that found my my current postition is now in the UK. Is there some reason you guys don't say who the good or bad agencies are?

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
          Ok, being a bit soft here as a contractor. Numerous contracts since 1996 but I have not known a Recruitment Consultant that has been so pro-active as the current one. Scenario... put in a monthly timesheet, immediate phonecall, "I will chase Clompany(a) to get it authourised", as I am 100% home based. Every two weeks he/she calls ensuring that everything is going ok, any problems etc.

I'm aware obviously of their commision basis, but they seem to look after the contractors. Tempted to put in an E-Mail to their boss and basically tell them that they are doing a Sterling Job. Ok we're mercenary but in all this negativity put 'praise where praise is due'.

Will not mention Agency on Forum, but as we all had sh*t ones I think they deserve a mention in desptaches.

Given the constant clamour to "Name and Shame" whenever somebody reports shoddy behaviour by an agent, maybe you should "Name and Praise"

Although they'd then get snowed under by email from a multitude of shoddy contractors, and start Naming and Blaming you

Probably best to keep it to yourself, and count your blessings

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post

based on the spelling in your post it took a few pints to give you the courage to praise them. i love you agent...

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
              based on the spelling in your post it took a few pints to give you the courage to praise them. i love you agent...
              speling

This is CUK, after all...

Comment

Praise, my soul, the King of heaven, to his feet your tribute bring;
                Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven, who, like me, his praise should sing?
                Praise him, praise him, praise him, praise him, praise the everlasting King.

Praise him for his grace and favor to our fathers in distress;
                Praise him, still the same forever, slow to chide and swift to bless;
                Praise him, praise him, praise him, praise him, glorious in his faithfulness.

Father-like, he tends and spares us; well our feeble frame he knows;
                In his hands he gently bears us, rescues us from all our foes;
                Praise him, praise him, praise him, praise him, widely as his mercy goes.

Frail as summer’s flower we flourish, blows the wind and it is gone;
                But while mortals rise and perish, God endures unchanging on.
                Praise him, praise him, praise him, praise him, praise the High Eternal One.

Angels help us to adore him; you behold him face to face;
                Sun and moon bow down before him, dwellers all in time and space,
                Praise him, praise him, praise him, praise him, praise with us the God of grace

Comment

Oh - I Do like a little Poetry !

It makes me want to cry - Cry Baby Cry ...

The king of Marigold was in the kitchen
                  Cooking breakfast for the queen
                  The queen was in the parlour
                  Playing piano for the children of the king.

Cry baby cry
                  Make your Mother sigh
                  She's old enough to know better
                  So cry baby cry.

The king was in the garden
                  Picking flowers for a friend who came to play
                  The queen was in the playroom
                  Painting pictures for the childrens holiday.

The duchess of Kircaldy always smiling
                  And arriving late for tea
                  The duke was having problems
                  With a message at the local bird and bee.

At twelve o'clock a meeting round the table
                  For a seance in the dark
                  With voices out of nowhere
                  Put on specially by the children for a lark.

Cry baby cry
                  Make your mother sigh
                  She's old enough to know better
                  So cry baby cry cry cry cry baby
                  Make your mother sigh
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 October 2008, 08:47.

Comment

ooh i love that one alf. one of lennon's finest.

i shall try and learn to play it today.

Comment

Working...
                    X