• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Observation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money doesn't make you happy, you only have to look at the constant moaning here to realise that.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Nah you've got it wrong Dim. This isn't about rolling over and letting the Gov't shaft us for tax, it's about not letting the general doom-mongering get yer down

Comment

Originally posted by Central-Scrutiniser View Post

Too Many People Going Underground
        Too Many Reaching For A Piece Of Cake
        Too Many People Pulled And Pushed Around

Too Many People - with Million Dollar Payoffs
        Too Many People -Never Sleeping Late
        Too Many People -Paying Parking Fines
        Too many People - Losing their Houses

Too Many Hungry People - Losing Weight
        You are my hero: never seen McCartney's Too Many People even mentioned before outside elderly music mags! Ram is his best effort. 100 hero points are awarded and can be traded-in at Pret a Manger for a cup of coffee.

Comment

Money doesn't make you happy, you only have to look at the constant moaning here to realise that.
          I know, the majority of us are probably in a better position than 95% of the UK workforce and still moan lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Aye, well said 'puss.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
              I know, the majority of us are probably in a better position than 95% of the UK workforce and still moan lol
              And let's face it, most of the UK population will be worse off, but only in terms of disposable income. Despite the doom-mongering, I'm sure people will be used to keeping their mobile phone for 2 years instead of 6 months, and not buying the latest gizmo with an i in front of it every 6 months.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I've been rich, I've been poor. Rich is better.
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  Very true, but somewhere in between with a happy relationship, a comfortable home and time to enjoy some hobbies is pretty damn good too.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    You are my hero: never seen McCartney's Too Many People even mentioned before outside elderly music mags! Ram is his best effort. 100 hero points are awarded and can be traded-in at Pret a Manger for a cup of coffee.
                    i agree bob.... or should i say dba_bloke!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...?highlight=Ram

Ram is a fine effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                      But are you happy?

Seriously, I've been happier when earning a lower income, infact I was happiest when a pauper student. QOL is just as important as how much cash you can scrape together. The OP brings up a good point, it's easy to lose perspective and get depressed about things that don't really matter that much. Reading too much sensationalist journalism makes you unhappy. No wonder the cu*t of celebrity is so popular in this country... it makes you fink you don't know what to fink.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X