Observation Observation
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Observation

Fingers like lightning

NetwkSupport has no reputation

Default Observation

Something got me thinking.....

There are MILLIONS of people with ABSOLUTELY F~~~ ALL not even a roof over their head and food in their bellies and we are complaining because now theres a recession and we face the prospect of possibly not being able to upgrade our BMW this year and we might have to shop at tesco rather than waitrose.

Contractor Among Contractors

Shimano105 has no reputation

My sentiments entirely. BBC driven hysteria again - but then we Brits love a good moan don't we?

I have a nice, modest house paid for, fantastic family and I can pick and choose when I work - so long as I get 6 months in a year. What's to moan about?

Count yer blessings I say!

Fingers like lightning

NetwkSupport has no reputation

Exactly, i went to cambodia last year and its a serious eye opener. We've got it seriously good, the western world just got greedy....

Obstinate Git

Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

I agree. The richer people get, the more they fear losing their wealth. Personally I feel very privileged; if the contract goes belly up I’ve got a reasonably priced but comfortable home, savings I can live from for quite a while, my girlfriend works in a steady job in healthcare, I could use free time to speed up progress in my geology studies, I could spend a bit more time on my astronomy hobby, but I might have to trade in my big comfortable car for a little fiat 500 and visit posh restaurants once a month instead of once a week. Big deal.

Banned

wurzel is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by NetwkSupport View Post

There are MILLIONS of people with ABSOLUTELY F~~~ ALL not even a roof over their head and food in their bellies and we are complaining because now theres a recession and we face the prospect of possibly not being able to upgrade our BMW this year and we might have to shop at tesco rather than waitrose.
    That's all well and good, but there's a real chance that some of US will end up without roofs over our heads if we can no longer service our mortgages due to lack of work

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NetwkSupport View Post

Good to see middle class guilt alive and well on CUK. Don't forget to vote Labour, work long hours, pay everthing in taxes and feel grateful you can eat.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

Should post faster

Central-Scrutiniser has no reputation

Too Many People Going Underground
    Too Many Reaching For A Piece Of Cake
    Too Many People Pulled And Pushed Around

Too Many People - with Million Dollar Payoffs
    Too Many People -Never Sleeping Late
    Too Many People -Paying Parking Fines
    Too many People - Losing their Houses

Too Many Hungry People - Losing Weight

You could always put your money where your mouth is www.wfp.org

Some 400,000 people driven from Mogadishu by fighting are living in camps strung along a road south of the capital. Malnutrition rates have spiked recently and doctors face a stream of mothers arriving with malnourished children. In Afgooye WFP food rations are a lifeline ...
    Last edited by Central-Scrutiniser; 24th October 2008 at 08:36.

Obstinate Git

Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
    That's all well and good, but there's a real chance that some of US will end up without roofs over our heads if we can no longer service our mortgages due to lack of work
    savings

More fingers than teeth

TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

We will be fine since the world is still awash with energy. But I hope a global recession will be a learning experience for politicians, as in future ones the world may not be in such a fortunate position. That's when being an African hunter gather living in the rainforests far from civilisation will look attractive.

Contractor Among Contractors

ace00 is too good to be a permie

I have a small economical car. I do not lead a lavish lifestyle, I paid my way myself through uni and have worked hard to make money. I put a considerable sum into a private pension so I wouldn't have to rely on the state to support me in my old age. It's people like me who are being hurt now, benefits claimants will see a considerable rise in payments in 08/09 due to inflation so yet again, it seems those who take responsibility for their lives are the fools.

Bored.