• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This time next year Rodders ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time next year Rodders ....

I feel a poll coming on.
    We'll be millionaires.
    21.21%
    We're all ****ed. I'm ****ed. You're ****ed. The whole department is ****ed.
    45.45%
    AndyW will be driving the Reliant Robin.
    33.33%

Any of the options:

1. Best option - current gig has renewed me at the end of April at current rate. So bythis time next year I'll have another 15k+ savings in the bank on top of the 2 years living expenses worth, have taken the family to California in April, and possibly have had some new double glazing put in, while those around me starve.

2. Not so good option - current gig is not renewed in April, but I'll still have plenty of savings in reserve. So by this time next year I will either not find another contract, or will be considering low paid contract or even (gulp) perm to preserve the savings through the rough patch. We won't have gone to California, and the windows will have to doa while longer.

3. Even less good option - current gig terminates early, around Christmas time. By this time next year I'll have eaten £15-£20k out of the savings and things will be looking a bit bad, but nothing serious. Will be cancelling frivolous expenses such as cable TV and non-essential insurances.

4. Worse still - gig terminates, major banks crash and I have no cash flow whilst waiting for the govt (swamped by demands are backlogged) to refund me my money. By this time next year I will have defaulted on my mortgage and will be facing eviction, or will have alerady been evicted.

5. A bit worse - gig terminates, lose all my savings in banks crash, govt unable to pay out refunds, I lose my house, economy collapses. We are forced to live on some parkland in a tent selling our bodies to the only people able to give us food, SASguru, Oracleslave and their ilk.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Optimism!

That's what we need.

Well, that and stabbing Labour voters*

*this statement is in no way meant to incite. The stabbing or non-stabbing of actual or perceived Labour voters with knives, forks, chisels other sharp implements is a personal choice and is in no way attibutable to Bogey Enterprises Inc.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

1. Dunno by this time next year, but not that far in the future bread will be over a million quid a loaf thanks to the snot goblin.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Anoraxia answer - the Trotter's didn't drive a Reliant Robin.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Anoraxia answer - the Trotter's didn't drive a Reliant Robin.
            No it was a Reliant Regal van.

Comment

This time next year

- We will have more than likely witnessed a serious terrorist attack some where in the world to further destabilise economies [probability based]

- If the above hasn't happened and we havent gone to War with Iran - we should see an increase in Unemployment in the UK but not too much

- Should start to see House Prices stop declining [circa August+] and we should have some good figures being reported by UK Businesses over the Xmas period of 2009 [in 2010

- Few Asian economies will start to decline after the delayed impact from the West's current problems

Lots of other things - Just call me the Oracle

Comment

Where's the

"I will be a millionaire (still) but you will be forked"

option?

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  Lots of other things - Just call me the Oracle
                  Can I be Ceefax?
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    Can I be Ceefax?
                    Channel 4 doesn't have its Advent Calendar anywhere in its digital text service. And they call it progression?

Comment

Working...
                    X