• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I appear to have 'won' a holiday.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appear to have 'won' a holiday.

So whilst travelling through Bristol Airport I was collared and asked a few questions by some survey woman a few weeks back.

My details were then entered into a draw to win a holiday. Phone call today tells me that I've been successful and to phone this 0800 number and quote my ref number to get the details.

Sure enough 7 nights inc flights for 4 (except taxes) is included in my prize.

Apparently I have to go to one of their 'presentations' in order to collect my package details. It's for some holiday club and held in Bristol.

So the question is, how bad will it be and is it worth it?

They've categorically stated that I don't have to join or buy anything to get the holiday but I do have to attend for 2hrs.

Would you be arsed to go or just bin the idea. And will I find out that the holiday is just a series of more sales presentations?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    So whilst travelling through Bristol Airport I was collared and asked a few questions by some survey woman a few weeks back.

My details were then entered into a draw to win a holiday. Phone call today tells me that I've been successful and to phone this 0800 number and quote my ref number to get the details.

Sure enough 7 nights inc flights for 4 (except taxes) is included in my prize.

Apparently I have to go to one of their 'presentations' in order to collect my package details. It's for some holiday club and held in Bristol.

So the question is, how bad will it be and is it worth it?

They've categorically stated that I don't have to join or buy anything to get the holiday but I do have to attend for 2hrs.

Would you be arsed to go or just bin the idea. And will I find out that the holiday is just a series of more sales presentations?
    Good to see Timeshare is still alive and kicking in this day and age.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

http://www.yourtravelrights.co.uk/wh...y-schemes.html

Personally, I'd stay clear of it.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Timeshare is sooo '90s.

It's all about holiday clubs these days.

Holiday clubs have the added bonus of a complete lack of bricks and mortar for your £'000s....
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You will leave that presentation, days later, stinking of sweat, grizzled, shaking and penniless. Bon voyage!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            Good to see Timeshare is still alive and kicking in this day and age.
            Exactly. But how bad will it be? I know it's going to be 2hrs of hard selling.

Comment

You will no doubt have to attend at least one presentation during the holiday.

I "won" one of these years ago and attended, went on the trip and attended the presentation in Portugal too, on walking in I stated very clearly that I wouldn't even consider buying any kind of holiday property and that they were wasting their and my time, left 5 mins later and wasn't hassled again.

If you're prepared to be fairly hard nosed it's a free accomodation trip with just air taxes and a few hours of your time to pay.

Comment

Free timeshare holiday deals are for permies.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

I'm just going to bin it. It's not worth the grief to be honest.

Plus as a (proper) contractor the 5 days of un-billable time sort of makes the 'free' element of the holiday pointless.

Comment

i had a cheap couple of nights in a nice hotel last year with a points presentation thrown in. the last minute booking system for a week away somewhere nice looked very attractive plus all the incentives they kept adding over the 3 hours. i still walked away and almost went back to sign up in the afternoon. when i got home i checked the classifieds and found people were trying to resell their points for half the price of what was offered to me so even with all the incentives i would have been paying way over market price.

it's worth it to save a few quid and stay somewhere decent, if you don't mind chatting with someone who's usually pleasant for a couple of hours and getting too good to be true closing incentives. just remember to say no.

Comment

Working...
                    X