• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! House prices tumbling ever faster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! House prices tumbling ever faster

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/7931407

LONDON, Oct 27 (Reuters) - English and Welsh house prices fell by 7.3 percent in the year to October, with the pace of decline accelerating to take prices back to their lowest since March 2006, property consultancy Hometrack said on Monday.

Average house prices fell by 1.3 percent to 163,200 pounds ($254,400) in Hometrack's October survey, faster than the 1.0 percent drop recorded in September.

London Bridge is falling Down
    falling down
    falling down
    London Bridge is falling Down

My Fair Posters

"Oranges and Lemons" say the Bells of St. Clements
    "Bullseyes and Targets" say the Bells of St. Margaret's
    "Brickbats and Tiles" say the Bells of St. Giles
    "Halfpence and Farthings" say the Bells of St. Martin's
    "Pancakes and Fritters" say the Bells of St. Peter's
    "Two Sticks and an Apple" say the Bells of Whitechapel
    "Maids in white aprons" say the Bells at St. Katherine's
    "Pokers and Tongs" say the Bells of St. John's
    "Kettles and Pans" say the Bells of St. Anne's
    "Old Father Baldpate" say the slow Bells of Aldgate
    "You owe me Ten Shillings" say the Bells of St. Helen's
    "When will you Pay me?" say the Bells of Old Bailey
    "When I grow Rich" say the Bells of Shoreditch
    "Pray when will that be?" say the Bells of Stepney
    "I do not know" say the Great Bell of Bow
    Gay go up and gay go down
    To Ring the Bells of London Town

The Bells of St. Clements

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 27 October 2008, 09:18.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      Gay go up and gay go down
      I'd wondered what John Barrowman had been up to recently
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        I'd wondered what John Barrowman had been up to recently
        who

Comment

A quote fro the guardian? Is there no doom in the daily mail today?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            A quote fro the guardian? Is there no doom in the daily mail today?
            They're busy with a pregnant woman who wasn't allowed to fly on SleazyJet and Trinny's ex-husband's new girlfriend. Clearly far more important than the impending financial apocalypse
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

No boys allowed... that was the message when Girls Aloud hit town with a bang.

The sozzled singers racked up a four-figure bar bill at London's Kitts club and an insider said: "The girls were dancing on the chairs. They could hardly walk as they stumbled out in the early hours."

Their queen-sized hangovers would have been eased yesterday by the news that their new single The Promise is No1.

Cheryl Cole said: "We were No1 in the midweeks and have been praying it stayed that way. Last time we were top in the midweeks we ended up at No2, losing out by 200 records. Why can't 200 people go out and buy our single?"

!

Comment

But the number of properties sold rose by 5.4% during the month, the first increase in transactions since April. The group said the jump could be early evidence that vendors were finally starting to accept lower offers after a long stand off, and this could help free up the logjam in transactions.
                http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...koR3-JSL2qnTWg
                Boomed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/7931407

LONDON, Oct 27 (Reuters) - English and Welsh house prices fell by 7.3 percent in the year to October, with the pace of decline accelerating to take prices back to their lowest since March 2006, property consultancy Hometrack said on Monday.

Average house prices fell by 1.3 percent to 163,200 pounds ($254,400) in Hometrack's October survey, faster than the 1.0 percent drop recorded in September.

if you look on hotproperty.co.uk for flats around docklands, you are still looking at 500K for a two bedder with a thames view.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    if you look on hotproperty.co.uk for flats around docklands, you are still looking at 500K for a two bedder with a thames view.
                    Doesn't mean anyone's buying them. I think there's a big difference between the prices properties are advertised at and the price the current tiny number of buyers are willing to pay.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X