• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changes to incapacity benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ?

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So the plan is new claimants for incapacity benefits will only get the full amount if they are a)deemed totally unable to work or b)go to training/interviews based on what they CAN do. If your disability doesn't prevent you from working, and you don't attend training, you only get unemployment benefit rather than the higher incapacity benefit.

The idea seems like something CUKers would be in favour of - hitting back at scrounging chavs - but somehow I'm suspicious any Labour initiative will get widely praised here... comments?

I am currently on Incapacity Benefit and receive a total of £75.40 per week, with this money i am expected to pay all the same bills as a single working person that earns on average 25,000 per year,i receive a total of £3,920 year,

I am not a "scrounging chav" as described above but a human being with all the same costs to pay as the average working single person recieves more than 6 times the money than me.

Do you think this is fair ?

Comment

Working...
    X