• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

lunch / cost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Surely the contractor lunch is...

Sweaty sock flavour pot noodle and a sprite
    My spinning fork was a disappointment: it didn't spin fast enough to prevent the noodles falling off and the fork part fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Surely the contractor lunch is...

Sweaty sock flavour pot noodle and a sprite
      Yurghhh

No. I will happily save money on cars, clothing, gadgets and holidays but not on food or wine.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Thüringer Bratwurst mit Kräutersauce 2€,50
        Beilagen Bayrisch Kraut 0€,60
        Schnittlauchpüree 0€ 70

Summe 3€ 80
        +80% as I am "external" and dont receive subsidies from the canteen

6€ 84

translated:

Sausage in herb gravy
        Cabbage
        Mash

about £5.50

edit: oh plus coca cola €1
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Eine Frickadelle und eine Würstwegge. CHF 5.20. ( Meat patty thing + sausage roll ~£2.70 at current exchange rates ).

I have my main daily meal at home with the family, around the dinner table - proper like. Tonight - roast pork.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            My spinning fork was a disappointment: it didn't spin fast enough to prevent the noodles falling off and the fork part fell off.
            Surely if the fork spins faster the centrifugal effect would then cause the individual noodles to slip between the spikes of the fork, somewhat defeating the object. Maybe there is an optimum rotational speed for a rotating fork, but this speed would have to be adjusted to take account of the relative stickiness of the noodle in question (as a function of the starch levels on the surface of said noodle and the density and average length of the noodle), and correcting for the viscosity of the sauce.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Surely if the fork spins faster the centrifugal effect would then cause the individual noodles to slip between the spikes of the fork, somewhat defeating the object. Maybe there is an optimum rotational speed for a rotating fork, but this speed would have to be adjusted to take account of the relative stickiness of the noodle in question (as a function of the starch levels on the surface of said noodle and the density and average length of the noodle), and correcting for the viscosity of the sauce.
              It's a crap product and I have already written to my MP about it.

Comment

Large Salad & Mushroom Soup = £2.40

From on-site canteen
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

It's a crap product and I have already written to my MP about it.
                  i trust the letter was written using noodles?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                    i trust the letter was written using noodles?
                    Virgin choirboy's blood, as I find MPs respond better to that method.

Comment

Virgin choirboy's blood, as I find MPs respond better to that method.
                      because they think you have one?

Comment

Working...
                      X