• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with Chickens ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Only if you want chicks. Do women stop menstruating when they don't have a man around? Eggs are just chicken 'time of the months'

So when I am eating my boiled egg tomorrow, I actually eating a

censored
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

So when I am eating my boiled egg tomorrow, I actually eating a
      censored
      It's amazing how many people don't realise this fact, and think the eggs have to be fertilised to be laid.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
        Yeah, me parents had one for about a year then built a bigger one so they could get more chicken. Cockerel was a pain in the arse though and kept attacking me mum, so I shot it with a 12bore.

HTH
        Had one cock that thought he was cock-of-the-walk, and when I came into his hut he ran at me and pecked me hard on the boot. A second contact between him and my boot convinced him once and for all that the pecking order wan't what he had hoped after all. OTOH when a hen with chicks charged, I gave way. I knew that she meant it.

You do want a certain aggression in a cock, he may be a prat but he'll defend his girls. If a fox gets into the henhut, the feathers that you see all over the place are cock feathers. He goes in first.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          It's amazing how many people don't realise this fact, and think the eggs have to be fertilised to be laid.
          In fact just because a cock has mounted a hen doesn't mean that they are fertilised anyway. He gets to say whether his seed is going in that hole, but she gets to decide whether it goes anywhere near an egg. A hen can hold it in for quite a while before deciding.

Comment

Working...
          X