• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Prescott on class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Prescott on class

I'm laughing my arse off at the program. He just met some unemployed chavs from the South East who fink they iz middle class innit, "working class people live in the north where it iz trumpy". They were living in some sheethole estate, that wouldn't look out of place on the bill.

Now I know where some of the posters on this board iz coming from innit. Delusional.

PS They didn't know who Gordon Brown was. So much for the political awareness of the underclass.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I'm laughing my arse off at the program. He just met some unemployed chavs from the South East who fink they iz middle class innit, "working class people live in the north where it iz trumpy". They were living in some sheethole estate, that wouldn't look out of place on the bill.

Now I know where some of the posters on this board iz coming from innit. Delusional.

PS They didn't know who Gordon Brown was. So much for the political awareness of the underclass.
    Yes but they all vote Labour though innit - CyberTory, DA etc keep saying it so it must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Yes but they all vote Labour though innit - CyberTory, DA etc keep saying it so it must be true.

Whoever benefits are paid to there are votes for Labour, be they North, South, East or West. I wonder how many of these Chavs have a kid with no father and a nice taxpayer-funded council house/flat!! Things can only get better, can only get better, can only get better..........

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Whoever benefits are paid to there are votes for Labour, be they North, South, East or West. I wonder how many of these Chavs have a kid with no father and a nice taxpayer-funded council house/flat!! Things can only get better, can only get better, can only get better..........
        And your factual basis for this opinion is ?

Comment

I think if you did a poll of welfare recipients and people who work in the welfare Industry (most of Scotland) I think you will find that most of them vote labour.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I think if you did a poll of welfare recipients and people who work in the welfare Industry (most of Scotland) I think you will find that most of them vote labour.
            So that's it "I think" that's all, no evidence.

Comment

From the 1940s to the 1960s the majority of the electorate were strongly linked to one or other of the two main political parties. Although there are always exceptions, party loyalty closely corresponded to social class. C1 and C2 voters tended to vote for the Labour Party and B voters tended to vote for the Conservative Party.

In the mid 1960s, B voters supporting Conservative and C1 and 2 voters supporting Labour accounted for 64% of the total vote. But the 1970s saw a decline in the number of people voting according to their natural class; this is referred to as 'partisan de-alignment'. By 1979, this had fallen to 57% of the total vote and the decline continued throughout the 1980s confirming that the British public were moving away from voting according to class.

One explanation for this is that the electorate was becoming better educated through more access to the media, which gave increasingly more information on politicians and parties. Also, in the 1980s and early 1990s, more C2 voters tended to vote Conservative. In the 1987 General Election, 42% of C2 voters supported the Conservative Party while only 35% voted for Labour. This was a total reversal of previous voting behaviour and was, partly, attributed to the policies of the Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher. One of these was the policy of allowing council tenants to buy their own homes and another was giving everyone the chance to purchase shares in nationalised industries when they were privatised, such as British Gas.

The move away from voting according to class could also be due to a change in the size of the classes. Since the 1970s, the number of manual workers has fallen from nearly 50% of the population to just 33%. This is because of the changes in employment patterns, educational opportunities and the rising standard of living.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Maybe we should also point out the attitude of the private school kids at the regatta.

Bunch of stuck up nonces. Daddy pays for them to attend a posh school and they basically insinuate that all kids that attend comprehensive schools are thick and unmotivated.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Does that include everyone who recieves child bennefit? Or do tory voters not bother to collect?
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

So that's it "I think" that's all, no evidence.

Ok so why is it then that Labour prevail in the poorest parts of the country?
                    Presumably these areas are the areas of highest unemployment?

I am sure that I do not need to produce evidence to support my claim that the places whith the highest prportions of welfare recipients and public sector workers are almost certain to vote for labour.

Or are you saying that welfare recipients are as likely to vote Tory or Liberal as they are likely to vote Labour. In which case why do these parties prevail in areas of relative affluence?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X