• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold. Or is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold. Or is it?

Snow showers on the way
    The Met Office has warned of very low temperatures and a chance of snow right across the UK this week

Nasty stuff that Global Warming. Cunning. See it's lowering the temperature to fool us all. Next year Kent will be a desert, with camels.
    Bored.

Yeah, because snow showers at the end of October never used to happen. The 5 years I've lived in the north-east, we've probably average about 3 days of proper snow a year, and I can only remember once or twice it settled for more than a day or two. My parents used to live up here 40 years ago and heavy snow was the norm rather than the exception... I can't remember ever seeing more than 2 inches of snow.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I remember taking my daughter to fire work displays this time of year when she was about 4 -5 (20 yrs ago) and it was always bloody freezing. Temperature is just getting back to what it use to be early november.

Comment

Yep, by Bonfire night it was always the start of the cold weather
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          My parents used to live up here 40 years ago and heavy snow was the norm rather than the exception... I can't remember ever seeing more than 2 inches of snow.
          When I was a nipper in Yorkshire it was worth buying a sledge, 'cos you could use it every year. That must have meant at least a couple of inches of snow.

We also had pea soupers at this time of year, but that was before smokeless fuels came in. It wasn't just the factories belting out smoke, but every house as well.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Crikey, by Eck, when I were a lad, etc etc.

You should try a Moscow winter. Last year was a warm one - it didn't get properly cold until February - then it was regularly -20C and snowing every night.

Very pretty but a right bastard on your boots with all the chemicals they put down to keep the roads clear.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Crikey, by Eck, when I were a lad, etc etc.

You should try a Moscow winter. Last year was a warm one - it didn't get properly cold until February - then it was regularly -20C and snowing every night.

Very pretty but a right bastard on your boots with all the chemicals they put down to keep the roads clear.
              Been in Minnesota in Jan/Feb. There you find out sharpish what a good idea it is to button up fully before opening the car door.

But the point about Britain is I suppose that lots of snow in winter used to be the norm, now it isn't. That may well be an illusion, but I do remember everbody having a sledge. Is it worth it now?

Comment

My balls appear to have shrunk back to normal size, so on that basis I'd say it was a bit chilly.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  Been in Minnesota in Jan/Feb. There you find out sharpish what a good idea it is to button up fully before opening the car door.

But the point about Britain is I suppose that lots of snow in winter used to be the norm, now it isn't. That may well be an illusion, but I do remember everbody having a sledge. Is it worth it now?
                  Dunno, but this might hold some answers if you can be bothered to read it all...

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?a...winthist;sess=
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Dunno, but this might hold some answers if you can be bothered to read it all...

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?a...winthist;sess=
                    I remember the 70's as being long hot summers. Not much in the way of snow.

Comment

Working...
                    X