• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tough on crime, tough on the causes....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough on crime, tough on the causes....

Yet another story confirms the abject failure of Labour's crime policies.
    I learn something frighteningly inept about HMG every day. Now burglars cannot be jailed for a first offence. The have to be given a community sentence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-mother.html

JAIL THEM !!!!!!

Yes, but consider the Lillies
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Yet another story confirms the abject failure of Labour's crime policies.
      I learn something frighteningly inept about HMG every day. Now burglars cannot be jailed for a first offence. The have to be given a community sentence.
      Depending on the offence that isn't all bad. Sending someone to prison is effectively giving up on them and guaranteeing they will be set as a criminal for life.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I counter your argument with an eroneous reference to Northern Rock

Ad Nauseum

CyberTory
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Depending on the offence that isn't all bad. Sending someone to prison is effectively giving up on them and guaranteeing they will be set as a criminal for life.

That's ok then. I suppose you're right after all. It's stupid to jail criminals because they only cost us money to keep.

Comment

Prison isn't supposed to be about revenge.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              That's ok then. I suppose you're right after all. It's stupid to jail criminals because they only cost us money to keep.
              Chain-gang work details could offset that cost. Repairing vandalism, removing graffiti, clearing rubbish etc. etc. Get the bu99ers out of their cosy little cells and put them to work. Work that will benefit society.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

How about dragging them through the streets naked and making them eat up dog poo poo.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Chain-gang work details could offset that cost. Repairing vandalism, removing graffiti, clearing rubbish etc. etc. Get the bu99ers out of their cosy little cells and put them to work. Work that will benefit society.
                  WHS
                  Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Has he mentioned Northern Rock yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X