• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My SKY+ box is broken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SKY+ box is broken

My Sky+ box is dead, it live a long a fruitful life of 4 years, almost 5, but is no more now.

Not one to believe in insurance, I am now paying out for Sky and not being able to watch any of it. I am thinking of buying another Sky+ box from eBay, second hand for about £50.

Has anyone else replaced their Sky+ box or had it repaired?

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    My Sky+ box is dead, it live a long a fruitful life of 4 years, almost 5, but is no more now.

Not one to believe in insurance, I am now paying out for Sky and not being able to watch any of it. I am thinking of buying another Sky+ box from eBay, second hand for about £50.

Has anyone else replaced their Sky+ box or had it repaired?
    Depends what's wrong with it! I've had a box have problems on playback so just whipped in a new hard drive. If it's the PSU, that's also simple to replace. Ring Sky and threaten to cancel unless they send a new box out...should still cost you no more than £65....
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Yep, I replaced mine a while ago you need to re-register the viewing card to the new box and that's about it.
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Power is flowing to the box but it remains on standby. I've tried doing the power down overnight thing, a full reset/reformat (which doesn't even respond) and even replacing the hard drive. But no joy ... so looks like I need to buy another one.

Comment

Working...
        X