• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment consultants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I often wonder if PSLs exist in order to give internal recruitment people an easy life rather than serve the business.
    Those two things are not mutually exclusive. The client could argue that having minimal points of contact does serve the business by making internal HR processes more prescriptive and easy to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
      The 'consultants' you get to speak to on the phone are going to be idiots, it's just how it is. Unless you're dealing with a small agency. These are going to be the very cheap blaggers who got sacked from selling double glazing and roof tiles to old ladies last week. First of all they are going to be dumb and incompetent, you'll pick that up within the first 30 seconds of conversation. They'll also have a chip on their shoulder about how much money you can make and be amazed you aren't jumping at these 200 a day roles.

It's just how it is. The senior people in the agency who know their businesses have more interesting and better things to do than be involved in the cv filter and harvest, so they hire some cheap idiots who can't get a better job.

Go direct to your clients or put up with idiots, it's just how it is.
      I am glad for your sake that you made the "small agency" exception.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I am glad for your sake that you made the "small agency" exception.
        are you small dodgy?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Thanks All for sound advise

Thanks for this guys, just to point out its service management my arena with limited technical knowledge.

I always use the "understanding the business and processes" example as it has done me well so far.

As for a switch to telecoms, been there as a Service delivery manager of one of the UKs larges
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Comment

Working...
          X