• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Prices

Using the wisdom of the crowd. When will the bottom be reached?
    18.18%
    36.36%
    13.64%
    22.73%
    i'm andyw and still live with me mum
    9.09%

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    Late 2010/early 2011. Will then be flat for 3 years.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
      or more correctly: using the bottom when will the crowd be reached?

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I voted 2010.

For at least the last 5 years I've felt that house prices had been out of hand and with the banks unable/unwilling to lend on the gigantic scale that they were it will force the prices down over a couple of years so that people can actually buy them with a sensible %age mortgage and a managable income to loan value.
        I have a feeling that there will be literally millions with negative equity houses for the next 10-15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          I'm not an expert, but I voted 2010.

For at least the last 5 years I've felt that house prices had been out of hand and with the banks unable/unwilling to lend on the gigantic scale that they were it will force the prices down over a couple of years so that people can actually buy them with a sensible %age mortgage and a managable income to loan value.
          I have a feeling that there will be literally millions with negative equity houses for the next 10-15 years.
          Which moon are you on TM ?

I like Titan myself but theres so many to choose from.

Comment

Is it me, or does one lose the ability to view the votes after voting?

edit: DOH! The numbers are links to a screen that shows the votes (But I'm sure there was a "View Votes" button before I voted.)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Which moon are you on TM ?

I like Titan myself but theres so many to choose from.
              I prefer the canyon on Tethys, lovely view over the impact crater.

Titan can be ok, but the weather is often pretty lousy.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                I prefer the canyon on Tethys, lovely view over the impact crater.

Titan can be ok, but the weather is often pretty lousy.
                Thanks for the tip - last time I looked there were 52 named moons around Saturn which leaves 30 or so other ones still looking for a name.

I've heard Tethys is worthwhile but myself and Hari were dissapointed last year during our visit to Titan - there was an irritiating space probe Huygens -I think it was called - that spoiled things a tad with its constant probing - Hari wanted to destroy the poor thing - she does have such a temper at times , but I think she maybe just had one too many vodkas.

In the end , thank goodness the probe jouneyed off to Saturn - so all ended well - we were even lucky with the weather avoiding some of seasonal severe dust storms.

On the birghter side we're hoping to visit Trafalmadore next year - Kari's been showing me the brochures - looks great.

You can see one of our holiday snaps on the left.

Can't wait - a splendid time is guaranteed for all .

Well thats what it said in the brochure.
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 October 2008, 18:01.

Comment

Working...
                X