House Prices House Prices

View Poll Results: House price trough?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2009

    4 18.18%
  • 2010

    8 36.36%
  • 2011

    3 13.64%
  • 2012

    5 22.73%
  • i'm andyw and still live with me mum

    2 9.09%
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: House Prices

  1. #1

    Fingers like lightning

    BigTime is good enough for Jehovah!

    BigTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    619

    Default House Prices

    Using the wisdom of the crowd. When will the bottom be reached?

  2. #2

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTime View Post
    Using the wisdom of the crowd. When will the bottom be reached?
    Late 2010/early 2011. Will then be flat for 3 years.

    HTH

  3. #3

    TPDeity

    DS23 has more data than eek

    DS23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    26,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTime View Post
    Using the wisdom of the crowd. When will the bottom be reached?
    or more correctly: using the bottom when will the crowd be reached?

  4. #4

    Banned

    TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    8,066

    Default

    I'm not an expert, but I voted 2010.

    For at least the last 5 years I've felt that house prices had been out of hand and with the banks unable/unwilling to lend on the gigantic scale that they were it will force the prices down over a couple of years so that people can actually buy them with a sensible %age mortgage and a managable income to loan value.
    I have a feeling that there will be literally millions with negative equity houses for the next 10-15 years.

  5. #5

    BardLike

    AlfredJPruffock is a permanent contractor

    AlfredJPruffock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East Kilbride Library
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I voted 2010.

    For at least the last 5 years I've felt that house prices had been out of hand and with the banks unable/unwilling to lend on the gigantic scale that they were it will force the prices down over a couple of years so that people can actually buy them with a sensible %age mortgage and a managable income to loan value.
    I have a feeling that there will be literally millions with negative equity houses for the next 10-15 years.
    Which moon are you on TM ?

    I like Titan myself but theres so many to choose from.

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,348

    Default

    Is it me, or does one lose the ability to view the votes after voting?

    edit: DOH! The numbers are links to a screen that shows the votes (But I'm sure there was a "View Votes" button before I voted.)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  7. #7

    Banned

    TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    8,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Which moon are you on TM ?

    I like Titan myself but theres so many to choose from.
    I prefer the canyon on Tethys, lovely view over the impact crater.

    Titan can be ok, but the weather is often pretty lousy.

  8. #8

    BardLike

    AlfredJPruffock is a permanent contractor

    AlfredJPruffock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East Kilbride Library
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I prefer the canyon on Tethys, lovely view over the impact crater.

    Titan can be ok, but the weather is often pretty lousy.
    Thanks for the tip - last time I looked there were 52 named moons around Saturn which leaves 30 or so other ones still looking for a name.

    I've heard Tethys is worthwhile but myself and Hari were dissapointed last year during our visit to Titan - there was an irritiating space probe Huygens -I think it was called - that spoiled things a tad with its constant probing - Hari wanted to destroy the poor thing - she does have such a temper at times , but I think she maybe just had one too many vodkas.

    In the end , thank goodness the probe jouneyed off to Saturn - so all ended well - we were even lucky with the weather avoiding some of seasonal severe dust storms.

    On the birghter side we're hoping to visit Trafalmadore next year - Kari's been showing me the brochures - looks great.

    You can see one of our holiday snaps on the left.

    Can't wait - a splendid time is guaranteed for all .

    Well thats what it said in the brochure.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28th October 2008 at 18:01.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •