• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If snow falls in the south east there will be gridlock. Their tiny minds simply cannot cope with inclement weather. I remember the gridlock of 2003 when they were eating the snow from the side of the M25 and had to sleep in their cars on the M11.
    The same in Norwich. One "wintry" day the ground had about 1" of snow on it and the traffic literally ground to a halt in gridlock. It took me half an hour to walk home and in that time not a single bus passed me. The following day no more snow had fallen and the buses didn't even start running until about 10am.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
      The same in Norwich. One "wintry" day the ground had about 1" of snow on it and the traffic literally ground to a halt in gridlock. It took me half an hour to walk home and in that time not a single bus passed me. The following day no more snow had fallen and the buses didn't even start running until about 10am.
      Well that's just a tulip council rather than anything else. They are supposed to look at the weather forecast and grit the road appropriately.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
      X