• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bird craps and leaves!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird craps and leaves!

Inspired by Pondlifes' Wilmslow-esque luggage thread.

Yesterday I was ironing my shirt, and I'd nearly finished, you know, I'd done the back, the two front panels, the shoulder panel and one of the sleeves, when I was just starting on the second sleeve when I noticed it had bird crap on it in several places from where it'd been drying on the line. I had to start ironing another shirt from scratch. This meant that I was 12 minutes behind schedule so I didn't have time to make a sandwich (or a roll) for lunch. I thought I'd just buy one from the sandwich van that comes around, but I was called into a project conference call and missed the van. So at lunchtime I drove to the garage down the road, it's a Texaco and their 4 star is 97.9p/ltr (which is disgraceful since Tesco is now 94.9p/ltr). All their sandwiches were white bread , but I chose a 'Cajun Chicken' one and went back to work. When I opened it I found that in with the not-very-cajuny-at-all chicken, they had stuffed it full of those red lettuce leaves, which, as Stephen Fry pointed out in his Alan Bennett monologue, is as bitter as Skipton wind. So my lunchtime was spent picking all the leaves out of my sandwich.

The moral of this sad tale is; check your shirts before ironing them.

HTH
    The vegetarian option.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Icheck your shirts before ironing them.

HTH
    Very wise.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Inspired by Pondlifes' Wilmslow-esque luggage thread.

Yesterday I was ironing my shirt, and I'd nearly finished, you know, I'd done the back, the two front panels, the shoulder panel and one of the sleeves, when I was just starting on the second sleeve when I noticed it had bird crap on it in several places from where it'd been drying on the line. I had to start ironing another shirt from scratch. This meant that I was 12 minutes behind schedule so I didn't have time to make a sandwich (or a roll) for lunch. I thought I'd just buy one from the sandwich van that comes around, but I was called into a project conference call and missed the van. So at lunchtime I drove to the garage down the road, it's a Texaco and their 4 star is 97.9p/ltr (which is disgraceful since Tesco is now 94.9p/ltr). All their sandwiches were white bread , but I chose a 'Cajun Chicken' one and went back to work. When I opened it I found that in with the not-very-cajuny-at-all chicken, they had stuffed it full of those red lettuce leaves, which, as Stephen Fry pointed out in his Alan Bennett monologue, is as bitter as Skipton wind. So my lunchtime was spent picking all the leaves out of my sandwich.

The moral of this sad tale is; check your shirts before ironing them.

HTH
      buy polyester shirts so you don't have to iron them.

Wilmslow
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

or use the tumble - the birds can't get in there so easily.

Comment

So at lunchtime I drove to the garage down the road, it's a Texaco and their 4 star is 97.9p/ltr
          Who the hell stocks 4 Start these days?!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoice View Post
            Who the hell stocks 4 Start these days?!!
            Ssshh! Keep up at the back, I'm pretending to be Wilmslow!!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Top sandwich tip: Lay the expensive part of the sandwich (the Cajun chicken filler) along the main diagonal of a slice - do not under any circumstances bother putting filler anywhere else on the bread. Butter should be scraped on and, crucially, then scraped off. Next, cut the slice along its main diagonal and fold and have the main diagonal show through the clear plastic covering of the packaging. Voila, you now have a tempting looking sandwich containing approximately 3 atoms of expensive Cajun chicken that is actually composed mostly cheap white bread, which itself is mostly made of cheap air and water. Boomed.

Comment

Top shirt tip: Iron them more than 10 minutes before you are due to wear them !!

Comment

Pay someone else to do the ironing
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    Top shirt tip: Iron them more than 10 minutes before you are due to wear them !!
                    Don't bother ironing 5 at a time. A whole week is too far ahead to plan.

Comment

Working...
                    X