• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suitcase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tay View Post
    I followed that link, and still dont have a clue what Stormshroud armour is.
    er

I think its armour in a game

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 29 October 2008, 10:06.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Whilst your brief said "not the hard plastic type" I can't recommend this enough...

Mine is positively cavernous, and whilst very scratched from numerous trips all over the place it's still going strong after 2 years.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        I followed that link, and still dont have a clue what Stormshroud armour is.
        it's a whole new level of geekiness that will try and take over your life, it's best not to know
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          it's a whole new level of geekiness that will try and take over your life, it's best not to know
          It's ideal for extended periods on the bench...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Whilst your brief said "not the hard plastic type" I can't recommend this enough...

Mine is positively cavernous, and whilst very scratched from numerous trips all over the place it's still going strong after 2 years.
            it's definately noticeable but there is something about my suitcases that luggage handlers seem determined to test to the limit..

maybe it's the "careful now, this thing costs more than your day's wages" sticker i like to put on them to help it stand out..

Comment

In this vein I'm after a carry on bag, not plastic and not with wheels (if you can't carry it you shouldn't be taking it). Any recommendations?
              B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                If you can't carry it you shouldn't be taking it
                try working on a 3 month contract in Singapore with just carry on..

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  try working on a 3 month contract in Singapore with just carry on..

I've no problem with a proper suitcase having wheels... it's just all the nancys with their carry on luggage who insist on needing wheels to get down the airbridge, then decide they'll attempt to wheel it down the aisle, bashing everything and everyone in their way.

Carry on luggage should be exactly that; you carry it on. Also the wheels/cheap extending handle take up a large percentage of useful space of a carry on bag.
                  B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                    In this vein I'm after a carry on bag, not plastic and not with wheels (if you can't carry it you shouldn't be taking it). Any recommendations?
                    http://www.redoxx.com/products/54-air-boss

Comment

I know you don't want plastic but I'm another vote for the Samsonite hardsite ones. I've had one since 2000 and it's gotten a lot of beating on the large number of long-haul flights it's been on.

However, I suppose I should replace it for long-haul because the locks/catches are abit troublesome these days and will cause problems at bag searches etc. It's fine for domestic so I wont chuck it.
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X