Irresponsible Porsche Irresponsible Porsche
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

More fingers than teeth

BlasterBates - scorchio!

Default Irresponsible Porsche

Porsche irresposnsible

Porsche were responsible for the wild swings in VW. Perhaps we should exclude companies irresponsibly building up stakes for strategic reasons, with the aim of running the company longterm, and deploying technology, and only allow hedge funds and speculators to continue in their responsible manner lending billions to short stock and send companies out of business to make a fast buck.
    I'm alright Jack

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

What I think happened is this - Porsche owned a lot of VW shares, but stupid hedge funds were shorting VW using naked shorting - basically selling non-existant shares, and that amount probably exceeded anything available on the market, so when shares went up they had to buy them to cover positions, with lack of actually available shares (Porsche was not selling) price went up big time.

Conclusion - yet another reason to shut down hedge funds and jail their execs for market manipulation.

If they are investment houses and think VW is a bad business they should buy some other car manufacturer shares or not buy any car manufacturer shares if they believe whole sector is bad, but not short shares the way they do - it should be illegal plain and simple, and I think new regulation will certainly address that permanently.

Kudos to Porsche - that taught those scumbags not to short their business.

Godlike

Peoplesoft bloke is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    What I think happened is this .......
    At last. some informed analysis................oh.

Godlike

Clippy has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    What I think happened is this - Porsche owned a lot of VW shares, but stupid hedge funds were shorting VW using naked shorting - basically selling non-existant shares, and that amount probably exceeded anything available on the market, so when shares went up they had to buy them to cover positions, with lack of actually available shares (Porsche was not selling) price went up big time.

Conclusion - yet another reason to shut down hedge funds and jail their execs for market manipulation.

If they are investment houses and think VW is a bad business they should buy some other car manufacturer shares or not buy any car manufacturer shares if they believe whole sector is bad, but not short shares the way they do - it should be illegal plain and simple, and I think new regulation will certainly address that permanently.

Kudos to Porsche - that taught those scumbags not to short their business.
    Translated version:

Blah. blah, blah....squirrels, ska....blah, blah, blah...comrade, glasnost, Nina...blah, blah, blah..........................

More fingers than teeth

BlasterBates - scorchio!

congratulations Porsche

oh dear is this immoral, what will all those poor unemployed hedge fund traders do?
    I'm alright Jack

(_?_)

HairyArsedBloke is good enough for Jehovah!

VW was notorious for having a small amount of free float and Porsche was known to be a major shareholder with designs to acquire more.

Plain stupid to take a large short position in a market like than. Idiots deserve a good kicking.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

System Manager

Sysman is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    congratulations Porsche

oh dear is this immoral, what will all those poor unemployed hedge fund traders do?
    Hang on a minute. The hedge fund traders wanted VW's share price to plummet. Porsche defended its large investment in VW, and they get called irresponsible for that?

Super poster

swamp is too good to be a permie

I bet many of those hedge fund managers drive Porsches

Froglike

Pondlife - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    Not anymore.

System Manager

Sysman is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    It's quite ironic that the bonus bonanza the hedge fund traders enjoyed contributed to Porsche's current financial strength.