• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is YourCo Ltd having a Christmas Do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    To cheer you up again Dante you can (sorry Chef). I took Mrs Ravello to the Waterside Inn last year, total bill was c. £400. As Chef says, you can't claim the entire bill, but you can claim up to the £300 and pay the extra yourself.
    Again, I would check this with an accountant. I did this, went over the threshold and I couldn't claim (my accountant said so), even when I suggested the "topping up" myself. It was Nixon Williams.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
      Apologies I stand, well sit, corrected. I spoke to my accountant (SJD) who said I could... Have to say that I didn't read up on it to check. Ah well, at worst I'll have to give Hector back roughly £100, shame but the meal was worth it anyway
      Sounds about right for SJD...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
      X