• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Guitarist - Expanded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Django Reinhardt, I think. Amazing stuff, but a bit samey after a while.

I will change my mind again in 14 minutes.

If you like Django, then check out John Jorgenson - there are a few clips on youtube.

Comment

Too hard to choose one for each. So, in no particular order...

Goth: Simon Hinkler / Marty Wilson Piper / Tim Bricheno / Mark Gemini Thwaite
      Rock: Jimmy Page / Dave Murray / Dave Gilmore / Tony Iommi
      Blues: Jeff Beck / Peter Green / Eric Clapton
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Brian Setzer
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Daevid Allen.

Comment

Daevid Allen.
            c'mon bob - surely steve hillage?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              c'mon bob - surely steve hillage?
              No. Allen is King. Hillage is, of course, borderline genius, and I LOVE his work. But having seen Allen in Liverpool about (gulp! sob! where's my life gone!) 15 years ago, I can only say that his glissando technique, live, is just mesmerizing. That local band "Pyramid Dream" were in the crowd, took a shine to me, and gave me some odd-looking "vitamin pills" may, or may not, have coloured my appreciation. Joking aside, Allen is something special when performing live.

Comment

No. Allen is King. Hillage is, of course, borderline genius, and I LOVE his work. But having seen Allen in Liverpool about (gulp! sob! where's my life gone!) 15 years ago, I can only say that his glissando technique, live, is just mesmerizing. That local band "Pyramid Dream" were in the crowd, took a shine to me, and gave me some odd-looking "vitamin pills" may, or may not, have coloured my appreciation. Joking aside, Allen is something special when performing live.

Ah - from the Banana Moon Observatory.

Poet for Sale.

Pothead Pixie.

...but thats antother story - now its time for a cup of tea - see.

Comment

Hare, Hare, ladies' lavatory!

Comment

hare, hare, london bus!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                      hare, hare, london bus!
                      She is the mother of everything,
                      And you are her egg!

Comment

Working...
                      X