• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Always look on the bright side of life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always look on the bright side of life

Always look on the bright side....

half the posters on this board are working and wish they wern't
    the other half are benched and wish they were working

and the rest are permies who feel slightly uneasy about posting here at all

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

and then there's me
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      and then there's me
      exactly, i'm working and I enjoy it, plus plan B is really coming along as well... got a few huge tenders out there only need 1 of them to pay off and 2 of them are with old contacts and pretty much in the bag
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm still working, til July 09. Clientco paying for my MCIS courses. Falling interest rates are making my mortgage payments less each month, and my property is holding its value. Petrols going way down, so is food.

Um what else. Oh yeah, Summer is nearly here (in NZ), I got a NZ and UK passport so next July I can either head back to the UK, or go to Oz, or even stay here. Might even go to Canada.

House prices are plummeting in the UK so my chances of buying there again in a year or two are getting better all the time.

All in all, the crunch has been an interesting sideline to what is an enjoyable life (I live in the heart of Wellington 2 minutes walk to the office and gym) and the future is looking just fine.

Its all a matter of perspective...

Comment

and speaking of perspective, its a sunny evening and I am off for drinkies... have a great day everyone!

Comment

I'm still wondering why two of the other flats in the house have been broken into with extreme force and trashed by gangsters, and the hall is full of Police officers

Maybe it's something to do with them not using the recycling bins correctly

Still, I'm looking on the bright side - the Police never even knocked on my door to ask if I'd seen anything, and they're very quiet down there. It was only when I went out to find out why they were crawling all over the back yard that I found out they were in the hall

Comment

The police have spoken to the landlord, but Wilmslow claims they're good tenants
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Cos I ain't got no place else to go!!! (blub, blub,sniffle)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  got a few huge tenders out there
                  Lay off the Pot Noodles.

Comment

Eh?
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X