Hays IT Hays IT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Hays IT

  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...

    schindler has no reputation


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60

    Default Hays IT

    Potentially starting a contract through them,though have'nt seen the actual paperwork yet.
    Is their contracts IR35 friendly and how is their T&C s...
    and what is their payment terms?

  2. #2

    Super poster

    ratewhore has no reputation

    ratewhore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The dark disturbing corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schindler View Post
    Is their contracts IR35 friendly and how is their T&C s...
    Ask Bauer & Cottrell.

    Quote Originally Posted by schindler View Post

    and what is their payment terms?
    Ask Hays IT.

    Older and ...well, just older!!

  3. #3

    Fingers like lightning

    Bright Spark has no reputation


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    525

    Default

    I worked for them directly for a gig at UBS, their standard T&C's are not
    IR35 compliant, and they will not do anything to change them.

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning

    Liability has no reputation


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Done 2 with them, one was, one wasnt - the one that WAS I asked for changes or I wasn't going to sign and they knew that as I had other roles waiting. Alot will be down to how much they want you or rather how hard it will be to replace you.

  5. #5

    Still gathering requirements...

    schindler has no reputation


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liability View Post
    Done 2 with them, one was, one wasnt - the one that WAS I asked for changes or I wasn't going to sign and they knew that as I had other roles waiting. Alot will be down to how much they want you or rather how hard it will be to replace you.
    Cheers Guys....wastheir payment terms the usual NET30 or even worse?

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    Purple Dalek has no reputation

    Purple Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    900

    Default

    I'd rather sleep with Russel Brand. Qué?

  7. #7

    Fingers like lightning

    Liability has no reputation


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schindler View Post
    Cheers Guys....wastheir payment terms the usual NET30 or even worse?
    Yes if memory serves me right, they werent the good ones.

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    Bright Spark has no reputation


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schindler View Post
    Cheers Guys....wastheir payment terms the usual NET30 or even worse?
    Not sure about now but I was there in 2005/06 i was put on the weekly
    payroll as I could not get around IR35, submitted invoice/timesheet online
    on monday morning got paid on the friday .

  9. #9

    Umbrella Queen

    LisaContractorUmbrella 's job has never been outsourced

    LisaContractorUmbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    It is highly unlikely, if an agency has a 'standard' contract, that it will be IR35 friendly. Anyway recent cases have highlighted the fact that HMR&C is far more interested in your working practises than what is written in your contract. They also seem to be putting far more emphasis on having an 'unfettered' right of substitution - what are the panels' experiences? Is it quite rare to find an agency that will accept a replacement for you without them or the client having the right to veto?

  10. #10

    Godlike

    alreadypacked has more data than eek

    alreadypacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Off-shore
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    It is highly unlikely, if an agency has a 'standard' contract, that it will be IR35 friendly. Anyway recent cases have highlighted the fact that HMR&C is far more interested in your working practises than what is written in your contract. They also seem to be putting far more emphasis on having an 'unfettered' right of substitution - what are the panels' experiences? Is it quite rare to find an agency that will accept a replacement for you without them or the client having the right to veto?
    Is this still an issue if you have more than one client?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •