• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    "Oh look a pigeon has landed on the Pavillion roof you don't often see many that colour do you? Reminds me of the time... ooh hang on, somethings happening... oooh he's out, no hang on, back to the pigeon..."
    You are Henry Blofeld and I claim my 5 pieces of TMS cake.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Thanks for the reminder DA, I have just purchased my Ashes tickets for the oval. Hurrah.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Pimms anyone? Wot wot
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I like cricket.... even the county stuff!!! I think it's a relic from my life with ex-husband

He was obsessed.... at first I didn't get it but after listening to him banging on about it for 11 years, I eventually got the hang of it

Now I can't help myself, if there is a test on, or something, I find myself checking the scores

And after the world cup and discovering Ireland weren't completly tulip, it was an added bonus
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I

And after the world cup and discovering Ireland weren't completly tulip, it was an added bonus
            Yeah, better than your rugby.....although that's not saying much

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Yeah, better than your rugby.....although that's not saying much
              Kiss it

Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                What happened about that cricket show Kerry Packer set up decades ago?...you never hear about it any more.....
                It was the forerunner of the 1 day cricket that you see now, limited to 50 overs per side, coloured clothing, white ball, played under floodlights, razzmataz and music etc.

He was slated at the time and it is now the norm for the shorter version of the game (which in turn now has a little brother called 20/20)!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I know that most of you are nerds rather than athletes and at best there are one or two armchair sportsmen here.To an extent I am with you. Sport is OK but I am not a huge fan.

Anyway I do enjoy cricket but I cannot get excited about this Cliff Stanford thing that is going on with the Indians. OK 20/20 is an entertaining add on to test cricket (county cricket is dull). To me it is a test series especially against Australa that I find richly entertaining (especially if it is even sided).

I have not watched any of the Standford stuff (I did enjoy Brian Moore's take on it though http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...y-Cricket.html ) but I did watch India batting against Australia last night and just watching Tendulkar score runs is cricket at its best especially if they are against Australia.

What have cricketers got to do with athletes ?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I know that most of you are nerds rather than athletes and at best there are one or two armchair sportsmen here.To an extent I am with you. Sport is OK but I am not a huge fan.

Anyway I do enjoy cricket but I cannot get excited about this Cliff Stanford thing that is going on with the Indians. OK 20/20 is an entertaining add on to test cricket (county cricket is dull). To me it is a test series especially against Australa that I find richly entertaining (especially if it is even sided).

I have not watched any of the Standford stuff (I did enjoy Brian Moore's take on it though http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...y-Cricket.html ) but I did watch India batting against Australia last night and just watching Tendulkar score runs is cricket at its best especially if they are against Australia.
                    Absolutely agree with you on that.

I love test-cricket. A game that takes five days to play - and can still end in a draw.

I have enjoyed having Lords and the Oval on my doorstep for the last few years, it is just a shame that I will shortly be moving somewhere that doesn't play so many test matches. Although on the plus side, when they do play them the stands are virtually empty so I shouldn't have any trouble getting tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                      I know HE's dead...but what about what he started?
                      It changed the face of cricket, and mostly in a good way, although at the time I thought it was awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X