• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Germany is fooked ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Germany is fooked ...

Over reliance on motor manufacturing.
    In spite of atWat's simplistic view of the world, German labour costs are too high for them to continue making cars.
    And the high end luxury models on which they basically rely do not yet have mass markets in the emerging world. I read somewhere that Britain is the largest European importer of BMWs.
    If we go down so do they.
    And in a recession what will they do with all that plant and machinery?
    The clever City bods who lose their jobs are much more adaptable than an auto worker in Germany - so Germany will have much more to do.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Over reliance on motor manufacturing.
    In spite of atWat's simplistic view of the world, German labour costs are too high for them to continue making cars.
    And the high end luxury models on which they basically rely do not yet have mass markets in the emerging world. I read somewhere that Britain is the largest European importer of BMWs.
    If we go down so do they.
    And in a recession what will they do with all that plant and machinery?
    The clever City bods who lose their jobs are much more adaptable than an auto worker in Germany - so Germany will have much more to do.
    AND half their customers are down the swanny thanks to Porsche shafting their hedge funds
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And all them germans..........
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        AND half their customers are down the swanny thanks to Porsche shafting their hedge funds
        The irony of this will confuse atW no end
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sas,

is _that_ the best you can come up with

if I were you I'd remove that post, after reading that I have a lower feeling of your intellect than before !

your call

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Sas,

is _that_ the best you can come up with

if I were you I'd remove that post, after reading that I have a lower feeling of your intellect than before !

your call

Milan.
            try and explain to him why Milan instead of insulting his intellect
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Comment

> Pondlife makes himself a cup of tea and sits down to enjoy this.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  German labour costs are too high for them to continue making cars.
                  They still make cars that are in demand and UK doesn't (meaning mass production). I am not sure UK would even have Bentley or Rolls Royce cars going without Germans, and Aston Martin's future is a tad suspect. Heck, Indians now own Land Rover and Jaguar and the other cars made in the UK are basically assembled from designes done elsewhere - France, Japan.

And now you claim German labour costs too high? Maybe so, but they kept their industry until now and I think they got a good chance to keep it further now that people are re-evaluating whether bulltulipers from the City who build bubbles on debt are actually worth having around at all.

Siemens in Germany got full book of orders for wind turbines until like 2012, other manufacturing there works fine, and you won't hear them outsourcing this to India to cut costs - they made the right choice and I think their nation/Govt has got what it takes to win this battle, so I doubt they are fooked at all, if anything I think UK is fooked about right now - I can't really think of any meaningful large scale export that can benefit from dropping pound now, unlike Germany who'd do well of euro being weaker against dollar.

Comment

DA,

I'll ignore questioning your 'Teacher mode',

anybody with any knowledge of the German economy will read Sas's post and immediately ignore anything else posted by Sas because in the above post he has intimately revealed his naivety.

Therefore, my suggestion remains, if Sas wishes to maintain a higher intellectual profile than the one represented by that post, he should edit the post.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X