• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next Dr Who?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Wouldn't mind a female Dr Who, especially if she was a leather clad mistress type figure with a male assistant on a leash.
    female
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
      I seriously think they'll go for a woman or a black guy this time.
      Or a black woman perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
        Shame Frankie Howard isn't still alive

Dr Who err Missus

Wouldn't mind a female Dr Who, especially if she was a leather clad mistress type figure with a male assistant on a leash.
        Georgina Baillie
        Russell Brand

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          A friend of mine who follows the rumours closely mentioned that Robert Carlisle was high on the list of candidates. God I hope not. Linky.
          Why would it be bad? The guy is a character actor, v good at accents and playing complicated sometimes dark characters. IMHO Christopher Eccleston was better than the slapstick estuary English dumbed down David Tennant version.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Why would it be bad? The guy is a character actor, v good at accents and playing complicated sometimes dark characters. IMHO Christopher Eccleston was better than the slapstick estuary English dumbed down David Tennant version.
            I agree about Eccleston, but have you SEEN 28 weeks later?

Please provide some examples of Carlisle playing complicated and sometimes dark characters!

I thought he played pretty much the same character in Full Monty, Once Upon a Time in the Midlands, 28 Weeks Later. He was rubbish in 51st state.

Comment

estuary English dumbed down David Tennant version
              You might find it interesting to know that D.T.'s accent as you mentioned above is not his real voice (he's got a natural Scottish accent).

The dumbed-down estuary English accent was deliberately written in to the character / script.

Probably to appeal to the "masses".

To be honest, I don't know of any of my friends who talk "Jamie".
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Please provide some examples of Carlisle playing complicated and sometimes dark characters!
                He played a loony Liverpool fanatic in Cracker which was pretty good.
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I thought he played pretty much the same character in Full Monty, Once Upon a Time in the Midlands, 28 Weeks Later. He was rubbish in 51st state.
                  He did a good turn as a killer in "Cracker" off the telly. And Begbie in Trainspotting (ok maybe not so complicated, but pretty dark).

Comment

You scoff but he rarely plays a Scott and always manages to pull of the accents very well e.g the Full Monty.

As for the examples...

Cracker - scouse psycho
                    James Bond - Pretty nasty psycho villian
                    Pretty good Hitler in the rise of Evil
                    Begbie in trainspotting

All very different characters. He has played a few similar roles though, but never just plays himself like some more famous 'actors'. In some ways similar to Eccleston but better at accents.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I thought his protrayal of Adolf Hitler was pretty good - don't get much darker than that. He played a pretty dark character in Ravenous as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X