• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK : the next failed state ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clueless and degenerate populace (especially up north), corrupt government, police state, ripoff britain, overreliance on financial services and vaporware, declining manufacturing, third-world NHS, bankrupt banks

What was the last failed state?
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz View Post
      clueless and degenerate populace (especially up north), corrupt government, police state, ripoff britain, overreliance on financial services and vaporware, declining manufacturing, third-world NHS, bankrupt banks
      I just love it
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Talking s h i t again I see.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

And your solution is?

No wait..let me guess . Leave?
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Let's just consider the participants of CUK which should give a good indication of the current state.

Good contractors with skills always on a contract....

Milan - a mad man with no other knowledge but his own little SAP area- however is excellent in this - working abroad
            BlasterBates - very sound contractor with a propension for doom - working abroad
            Chef - a very reasoned person - working abroad
            Darmstad - a very serious engineer (a bit too germanised though) - working abrod
            Threaded - a genious with eccentric manners - working abroad
            Pondlife - a great intellect mind with humour - working abroad

Now let's see who else is left working in UK:

AtW - a mad russian millionaire who will spend all his life chasing squirelles and his illusionary dream of becoming a famous software writer - working in UK
            SallyAnne/CM - boozy girls who manage to stay sober only on wednesday - working in UK
            SasGuru - a failed middle manager who cannot accept his total ineptitude as a technical person who has been tricked to accept that kind of job to do the least damage while he can keep wasting all his time posting here - working in UK
            DodgyAgent - a sleazy business man who would sell all his family for a few quid in the pocket - working in UK
            BrilloPad/Diver - comedy writers who are here only to pick up some ideas for their new shows - working in UK
            DimPrawn - a wannabee millionaire whose paper fortune of luxury properties in Swindon, made in the dot com boom writing HTML pages, is falling apart - working in UK

Now which workforce would you want to run your country?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ah classic. The world moves on, The UK will survive quite nicely, and even when the good times come around again, posters like this will *still* be doom and gloom.

Some ppl need to get out more, take a *real* close look at the world and realise that life doesn't get a whole lot better than you have it now.

'Failed State' LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                Let's just consider the participants of CUK which should give a good indication of the current state.

DodgyAgent - a sleazy business man who would sell all his family for a few quid in the pocket - working in UK

Now which workforce would you want to run your country?
                Ahhh, you picked out his good points

Comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022802558.html

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/9217

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/...l_is_nige.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_111796.html

http://www.straightstocks.com/market...-failed-state/
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I can't be bothered reading those. Can you give us a summary (20 words or less)?

Comment

Working...
                    X