Wilmslow's New Hobby? Wilmslow's New Hobby?
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Default Wilmslow's New Hobby?

"We're not entirely sure why anyone would want to impersonate a Food & Safety Officer, but calls from two separate businesses seem to confirm that this is the case."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7700258.stm

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    "We're not entirely sure why anyone would want to impersonate a Food & Safety Officer, but calls from two separate businesses seem to confirm that this is the case."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7700258.stm

It could be worse - he could be posting here......

Super poster

Board Game Geek is too good to be a permie

Terrorist cell operative, getting some on-the-job training and skills, before taking a trip to a major food manufacturer and dumping poison in their vats.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Terrorist cell operative, getting some on-the-job training and skills, before taking a trip to a major food manufacturer and dumping poison in their vats.
    As opposed to what said food manufacturers do normally?

Seriously, if you ever meet somebody who works in the place where they make stuff like Dairylea Cheese Spread (whether triangular or not) or Primula, ask them what the big vats in which the stuff is churned look like when they've been left idle for a few minutes on a hot summer's day and all the flies have stuck to the top

(Maybe things have changed since the Eighties. Only if the flies have evolved and now avoid the stuff, though.)

Then again, the tales told by people who work in food processing are always gross, and usually for the benefit of the audience.

I once did a few months working lunchtimes in a pub to help a mate out. Said pub was round the corner from a local sausage factory, and the shift patterns meant that people would often come in at around 1pm having just knocked off.

One chap gave me no end of stories about how disgusting it was, how I'd never eat a sausage again if I saw what went into them, and all that.

I heard him out, and then pointed out that, upon entering the pub, he'd handed over a twenty-pound pack of sausages of assorted flavours that he'd just bought from the factory shop, and asked me to put them in the fridge out the back for him (this was a favour the landlord extended to regulars from the factory).

Furthermore, I noted, before he started wittering on at me, he'd been telling some other chap how great it was working at the sausage factory, and how he and his wife and kids thrived on the staff discount he got on the sausages.

Ergo, if he thought that the sausages were great food to take home to feed his wife and children, they couldn't be anything like as bad as he said.

He never really spoke to me much after that

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    As opposed to what said food manufacturers do normally?

Seriously, if you ever meet somebody who works in the place where they make stuff like Dairylea Cheese Spread (whether triangular or not) or Primula, ask them what the big vats in which the stuff is churned look like when they've been left idle for a few minutes on a hot summer's day and all the flies have stuck to the top

(Maybe things have changed since the Eighties. Only if the flies have evolved and now avoid the stuff, though.)

Then again, the tales told by people who work in food processing are always gross, and usually for the benefit of the audience.

I once did a few months working lunchtimes in a pub to help a mate out. Said pub was round the corner from a local sausage factory, and the shift patterns meant that people would often come in at around 1pm having just knocked off.

One chap gave me no end of stories about how disgusting it was, how I'd never eat a sausage again if I saw what went into them, and all that.

I heard him out, and then pointed out that, upon entering the pub, he'd handed over a twenty-pound pack of sausages of assorted flavours that he'd just bought from the factory shop, and asked me to put them in the fridge out the back for him (this was a favour the landlord extended to regulars from the factory).

Furthermore, I noted, before he started wittering on at me, he'd been telling some other chap how great it was working at the sausage factory, and how he and his wife and kids thrived on the staff discount he got on the sausages.

Ergo, if he thought that the sausages were great food to take home to feed his wife and children, they couldn't be anything like as bad as he said.

He never really spoke to me much after that
    Maybe they made 2 batches - one for the workers and one for the punters?

Super poster

Wilmslow is a permanent contractor

I have visited a sausage factory with work.

Not saying anything, other than I am now eating bacon instead.....