• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SI - CapG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI - CapG

Anyone here worked for CapG?

Experience and thoughts

Am with them at the moment, on a government contract. Depends I guess what you will be doing with them/what account you will be on. Generally not too bad really in the area I am in, am working with a few Cap employees and most have been with Cap a v long time. What are you looking at?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Am with them at the moment, on a government contract. Depends I guess what you will be doing with them/what account you will be on. Generally not too bad really in the area I am in, am working with a few Cap employees and most have been with Cap a v long time. What are you looking at?
      Architect role - not sure what account though. I do agree that seems many that go to CapG stay there for a while....

Comment

Based where? Think you'd have been told by agent if the same (government) account - probs a blessing for you if it's not!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Based where? Think you'd have been told by agent if the same (government) account - probs a blessing for you if it's not!
          London as far as I know

Comment

Good luck then !
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Vauxhall (London) site is a demoralized dump, IMO.
              Bored.

Comment

I've worked with plenty of ex-Cap permies. Generally security folk who have been involved with major Govt acccounts. Most of em have nothing good to say about Cap but then, it's all subjective isn't it?
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Turned down a role with them at their Aston site. Project was a national railway timetable website - not sure if public or internal. After the architecture was explained to me (10,000+ line Struts config file ) I wanted nothing to with what was most likely a mess of spaghetti.
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
                    10,000+ line Struts config file
                    Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans. I though ours was fairly over the top at 1800

Comment

Working...
                    X