• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

anything more boring than writing PIDs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments appear true for most public sector documents - content is nothing, spelling and grammer is everything

Comment

Some people seem to see the request to review a document as an opportunity to show off how bleeding clever they are and thereby pretend to be doing something of use.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        I have two PID to write by next week. Is there anything worse???

At least I'm working from home...
        Writing the spec

Comment

What is a PID?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            What is a PID?
            Project Initiation Document. (oh tulip I’ve given the game away; yep I did a Prince 2 course several years ago)

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
              Comments appear true for most public sector documents - content is nothing, spelling and grammer is everything
              You know, really, don't you. Oh, you don't care - suit yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Some people seem to see the request to review a document as an opportunity to show off how bleeding clever they are and thereby pretend to be doing something of use.
                Why is it such a crime to be able to spell or express things clearly? I hope you don't apply the same logic to testing!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Why is it such a crime to be able to spell or express things clearly? I hope you don't apply the same logic to testing!
                  NO, I don't, I just think we spend too much time writing officious documents and not enough time testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    NO, I don't, I just think we spend too much time writing officious documents and not enough time testing.
                    Actually - I totally agree with that. If asked what I do for a living I sometimes reply "I write documents no-one will ever read". That doesn't mean that it's big and clever to fill them up with poor spelling and grammar though.

Comment

first one done.

now for the second... (altho it is 90% complete with a still unclear direction and approach...)
                      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                      X