• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

anything more boring than writing PIDs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Actually - I totally agree with that. If asked what I do for a living I sometimes reply "I write documents no-one will ever read". That doesn't mean that it's big and clever to fill them up with poor spelling and grammar though.
    There is nothing wrong with pointing out where spelling or grammer is wrong. In my experience however, too much time is spent concentrating on this instead of what the content actually states.

The main point is to understand and agree to the content. As a professional I would expect to read the document myself prior to distrubtion, ensuring that the format, grammer and spelling was correct, not least that if it isn't it can look unprofessional then your audience / clients may start to question the quality of the contents.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
      There is nothing wrong with pointing out where spelling or grammer is wrong. In my experience however, too much time is spent concentrating on this instead of what the content actually states.

The main point is to understand and agree to the content. As a professional I would expect to read the document myself prior to distrubtion, ensuring that the format, grammer and spelling was correct, not least that if it isn't it can look unprofessional then your audience / clients may start to question the quality of the contents.
      Grammar, distribution (sorry, I can't help it)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Grammar, distribution (sorry, I can't help it)
        You are a senior civil servent and I claim my £5 index linked pension

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          You are a senior civil servent and I claim my £5 index linked pension
          I wish (for the pension at least). My only offence in that direction was a summer job with the Ordnance Survey once, other than than I've never been a civil servant, thank goodness.

Comment

I did a gig at OS for a few weeks a couple of years back. Nice enough people, however they were down-sizing and had a lot of space and not as many staff to fill out. They were looking to move a couple of miles down the road, not sure if that has taken off.

Comment

Working...
            X