• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

anything more boring than writing PIDs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anything more boring than writing PIDs?

I have two PID to write by next week. Is there anything worse???

At least I'm working from home...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Reading Economic Theory Volume 1 by AtW?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Reading Economic Theory Volume 1 by AtW?
      Or 'Confessions of a Permie' by Wilmslow?

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
        Or 'Confessions of a Permie' by Wilmslow?
        Now that would be a riveting read:

Chapter One: Wee on my shoes

Chapter Two: Choosing which shade of grey I want my Focus in

Chapter Three: Wilmslow moves a chair and saves the day

Chapter Four: My battle with the neighbourhood mafia

Chapter Five: Contracting's not for me

Chapter Six: Choosing which polyester tie to wear today

It'd be an Xmas best seller!
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          I have two PID to write by next week. Is there anything worse???
          Reading PIDs.
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
            Reading PIDs.
            that is so true! i hate writting them, and i cant believe some actually read them!

the project is already in delivery. the RFI goes out in 3 weeks...

Comment

that is so true! i hate writting them, and i cant believe some actually read them!
              This is the worst thing with official documents; you write the bleeding thing then have to get it reviewed; then you discover that some people have nothing better to do with their lives than nitpick about the version number in the header, the wrong spelling name of the bloke in ‘implementation control’, and the fact that every task hasn’t been broken down into subtasks and related to milestones in MS Project. Also, people use that bleeding edit facility in MS Word that makes all their comments bright red and underlined and impossible to copy and paste.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                This is the worst thing with official documents; you write the bleeding thing then have to get it reviewed; then you discover that some people have nothing better to do with their lives than nitpick about the version number in the header, the wrong spelling name of the bloke in ‘implementation control’, and the fact that every task hasn’t been broken down into subtasks and related to milestones in MS Project. Also, people use that bleeding edit facility in MS Word that makes all their comments bright red and underlined and impossible to copy and paste.
                Yeah, the last thing you want is for it to look as if anyone cares about accuracy or detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  my client is in the education sector! all ex-teachers. your comment about grammer and spelling is so true!!! they ignore the content and aim, and complain about wrong fonts etc...

Comment

the project is already in delivery. the RFI goes out in 3 weeks...
                    I thought it was perfectly normal to write the PID mid project, that's what i seemed to have been asked to do in former contracts????

Dull as tulipe!
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X