• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time to buy stock ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not having followed closely the whole market slump , neither knowing anything about investing , it does sound logical to buy buy buy. ?

So shall we buy ? What ?

Yes, fill yer boots. *

* I trust my ability to predict share prices so much that I own no shares (well other than in PRC Plan B Ltd).

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
      Not having followed closely the whole market slump , neither knowing anything about investing , it does sound logical to buy buy buy. ?

So shall we buy ? What ?
      I've got some stock of 1973 calendars that I can sell you.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

More like stock up for the duration
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

No. Best time to buy stock is twenty-three minutes past eleven.

HTH

Comment

Yes and No

Alot of the good investment houses [Foreign and Colonial for example] have some excellent funds with top value and have dropped based on overall market sentiment as opposed to losses in the portfolio.

In terms of individual - there are some awesome bargains to be head across the entire FTSE right now - especially when you compare multiples and balance sheet - in the longer term they will bounce back very high [at least based on probability]

But like all - it IS a risk

Comment

Ha ha haaa ha ha

Comment

Working...
              X