Is there wired broadband without long term contract ? Is there wired broadband without long term contract ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    More time posting than coding

    juststarting has no reputation


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    216

    Default Is there wired broadband without long term contract ?

    Is there a line provider out there that will supply month-by-month broadband contract ?

    I know broadband suppliers that do month by month , but BT , the line provider , is an annual contract only. Are there other line providers that could be doing month by month ?

    3G / HSDPA Wireless reception is very bad in my area.

  2. #2

    Godlike

    Fred Bloggs is NOT a disguised employee

    Fred Bloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juststarting View Post
    Is there a line provider out there that will supply month-by-month broadband contract ?

    I know broadband suppliers that do month by month , but BT , the line provider , is an annual contract only. Are there other line providers that could be doing month by month ?

    3G / HSDPA Wireless reception is very bad in my area.
    Yes, VISPA. They are excellent. 1 month contract. Check them out at "ISP review" website. HTH.

  3. #3

    Super poster

    PAH is good enough for Jehovah!

    PAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CUK's new cloud - cuckoo land
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    You can still buy your way out of the BT minimum term contract if you find you don't need it for 12 months or beyond.

  4. #4

    More time posting than coding

    juststarting has no reputation


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Great , but it seems like still requires BT line which is 120 GBP for 1 year contract.

    I am only going to be staying 3 -4 months. Hence I was looking for line rental on a monthly basis. But if I about it ... I could simply forfeit the remainging of the 120 GBP year contact. RIP OFF ENGLAND.

  5. #5

    More time posting than coding

    juststarting has no reputation


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAH View Post
    You can still buy your way out of the BT minimum term contract if you find you don't need it for 12 months or beyond.
    How ? Buying myself out meaning paying up the remaining of the contract ?

    If I think about it this is about 80 pounds. This is less than 2 days living costs.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Fred Bloggs is NOT a disguised employee

    Fred Bloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juststarting View Post
    Great , but it seems like still requires BT line which is 120 GBP for 1 year contract.

    I am only going to be staying 3 -4 months. Hence I was looking for line rental on a monthly basis. But if I about it ... I could simply forfeit the remainging of the 120 GBP year contact. RIP OFF ENGLAND.
    Aha, sorry.

  7. #7

    Super poster

    PAH is good enough for Jehovah!

    PAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CUK's new cloud - cuckoo land
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juststarting View Post
    How ? Buying myself out meaning paying up the remaining of the contract ?

    If I think about it this is about 80 pounds. This is less than 2 days living costs.

    Yep, they'll want the remainder of the 12 month's fees if you cancel before then.

    Doubt you'll find anyone willing to install a line on shorter terms, unless they ask for more up front anyway. They all still have to go through BT, using their Open Reach engineers, as they're the only ones allowed to fiddle about in the exchanges. So much for LLU and monopoly busting.

    Not much alternative to getting a land line by the sounds of it, unless you can piggyback on a neighbour's wireless network!

  8. #8

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,727

    Default

    IDNET One month min
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  9. #9

    Fingers like lightning

    ~Craig~ has no reputation


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    526

    Default

    i'm with AOL in my midweek rental. It's a monthly contract and has been great so far.

  10. #10

    Fingers like lightning

    BigTime is good enough for Jehovah!

    BigTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    619

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •