• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there wired broadband without long term contract ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there wired broadband without long term contract ?

Is there a line provider out there that will supply month-by-month broadband contract ?

I know broadband suppliers that do month by month , but BT , the line provider , is an annual contract only. Are there other line providers that could be doing month by month ?

3G / HSDPA Wireless reception is very bad in my area.

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    Is there a line provider out there that will supply month-by-month broadband contract ?

I know broadband suppliers that do month by month , but BT , the line provider , is an annual contract only. Are there other line providers that could be doing month by month ?

3G / HSDPA Wireless reception is very bad in my area.
    Yes, VISPA. They are excellent. 1 month contract. Check them out at "ISP review" website. HTH.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

You can still buy your way out of the BT minimum term contract if you find you don't need it for 12 months or beyond.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Great , but it seems like still requires BT line which is 120 GBP for 1 year contract.

I am only going to be staying 3 -4 months. Hence I was looking for line rental on a monthly basis. But if I about it ... I could simply forfeit the remainging of the 120 GBP year contact. RIP OFF ENGLAND.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          You can still buy your way out of the BT minimum term contract if you find you don't need it for 12 months or beyond.
          How ? Buying myself out meaning paying up the remaining of the contract ?

If I think about it this is about 80 pounds. This is less than 2 days living costs.

Comment

Great , but it seems like still requires BT line which is 120 GBP for 1 year contract.

I am only going to be staying 3 -4 months. Hence I was looking for line rental on a monthly basis. But if I about it ... I could simply forfeit the remainging of the 120 GBP year contact. RIP OFF ENGLAND.
            Aha, sorry.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

How ? Buying myself out meaning paying up the remaining of the contract ?

If I think about it this is about 80 pounds. This is less than 2 days living costs.

Yep, they'll want the remainder of the 12 month's fees if you cancel before then.

Doubt you'll find anyone willing to install a line on shorter terms, unless they ask for more up front anyway. They all still have to go through BT, using their Open Reach engineers, as they're the only ones allowed to fiddle about in the exchanges. So much for LLU and monopoly busting.

Not much alternative to getting a land line by the sounds of it, unless you can piggyback on a neighbour's wireless network!
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

IDNET One month min
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

i'm with AOL in my midweek rental. It's a monthly contract and has been great so far.

Comment

http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X