Only in the free world Only in the free world
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    More time posting than coding

    juststarting has no reputation


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    216

    Default Only in the free world

    .....Can a man empty his AK 47 into a 12 years old trick or treater boy .... oh boy.


    http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11....ap/index.html

  2. #2

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,259

    Default

    I think 1 or 2 round here will think it is justice.....

  3. #3

    Super poster

    PAH is good enough for Jehovah!

    PAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CUK's new cloud - cuckoo land
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    In the not so free world, they don't need an excuse.

    Just add this to the list of why its a good thing not to allow the public to own guns.

    Unfortunately in the USA, it'll take a seemingly incomprehensible tragedy to make them realise they're wrong and cowboy time should be confined to history.

    Obviously the death of children (even by other children) doesn't appear to be enough for them to wake up. This fact alone means you should laugh in the face of any yank who claims the USA is the best country in the world, when they start singing the stars and stripes.

  4. #4

    More time posting than coding

    juststarting has no reputation


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAH View Post
    In the not so free world, they don't need an excuse.

    Just add this to the list of why its a good thing not to allow the public to own guns.

    Unfortunately in the USA, it'll take a seemingly incomprehensible tragedy to make them realise they're wrong and cowboy time should be confined to history.

    Obviously the death of children (even by other children) doesn't appear to be enough for them to wake up. This fact alone means you should laugh in the face of any yank who claims the USA is the best country in the world, when they start singing the stars and stripes.
    The free world is mastered by corporations , which rule the rest of the world too. Corporations don't want to limit their weapon business you know..

  5. #5

    Super poster

    PAH is good enough for Jehovah!

    PAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CUK's new cloud - cuckoo land
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juststarting View Post
    The free world is mastered by corporations , which rule the rest of the world too. Corporations don't want to limit their weapon business you know..

    Except China, who is currently in the final throws of winning this particular game of Risk.

  6. #6

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think 1 or 2 round here will think it is justice.....
    Not really... but the headline "Kid demanding money with menaces shot dead" springs to mind.

    I really really hate trick or treating. Our local international school (yank run) doesn't celebrate Christmas (saturnalia) - no tree, no decorations, nothing. But Halloween. Yay, go for it kids. Trick or treating the lot. Pillocks.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,400

    Default

    In USA they've got 200 mln firearms or maybe even more - a few people will always be nutters and do wrong thing, that's a very small percentage of overall responsible ownership that actually saves lifes. Car accidents kill far more people in the USA, UK and elsewhere than guns - does it mean cars should be banned?

  8. #8

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    ... - does it mean cars should be banned?
    Yes. You are only safe in a nuclear bunker, so long as you don't move, and don't breathe too heavily.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

  9. #9

    Super poster

    PAH is good enough for Jehovah!

    PAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CUK's new cloud - cuckoo land
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    In USA they've got 200 mln firearms or maybe even more - a few people will always be nutters and do wrong thing, that's a very small percentage of overall responsible ownership that actually saves lifes. Car accidents kill far more people in the USA, UK and elsewhere than guns - does it mean cars should be banned?

    Following that logic, lets give everyone nukes. Only a handful will use them.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAH View Post
    Following that logic, lets give everyone nukes. Only a handful will use them.
    Nukes can kill a lot of people (tens of thousands), AK can't kill more than a few donzes. Therefore worst scale impact of firearms is fairly limited where as desire for them is high. Same applies to cars - widely used, they do kill indeed, however benefits greatly outweight downsides. This does not mean guns or cars should be given to anybody - there should be strict training, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •