• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sterling...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterling...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e8f1b866-a...nclick_check=1

The pound fell 0.2 per cent to $1.5580 against the dollar and dropped 0.2 per cent to £0.8178 against the euro, just shy of the record low of £0.8208 it hit on Monday.

ooops

Milan.

what would you expect when interest rates fall by 1.5 points ?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Sterling

I still don't have any

milan

Comment

My newest piece of work pays in $
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

and it is getting worse.

Apparently according to the FT international investors are dumping UK government bonds.

Another Iceland?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brown is already talking to the IMF apparently. 1976 revisited.

Brown borrows to give tax cuts and will not cut public spending. The Tories do not borrow for tax cuts and will cut public spending. That says it all, and as long as they are in power our deficit will continue to increase which will mean big tax rises in 2010. Still, the British public love high taxes don't they.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Brown is already talking to the IMF apparently. 1976 revisited.
              Except that this time he's telling them what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Except that this time he's telling them what to do.

He's helping them to find funding because he knows there is a good chance that he may need it. The deficit for this year will be 100 Billion and I heard him on the news yesterday say that 'all will be ok because of our low borrowing'. He is truly deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  and it is getting worse.

Apparently according to the FT international investors are dumping UK government bonds.

Another Iceland?
                  All you need is just another Thatcher.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    All you need is just another Thatcher.

We need Prudence !!

Comment

Working...
                    X