• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    old chestnut alert >>>>>

actually it's a new tax on muff diving

old chestnut alert >>>>>
    Oh. They used to say it was the Pope's phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Some countries are currently changing their tax laws to grab some of this cash so be careful.
      Good post from C. Costs me nothing to say so, doesn't happen often.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Yes, whay invest in something you might never see, or will probably not see much of!

Exactly BP

Why not consider the Pruffock Retirement Alternative - Wine Women and Song Portfollio which is indexed link to the GSI (Grey Slate Index).

At the end of the day you might end up with nowt - but boy you will have had a good time.

And - ye cannae take it with ye.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. My plan is thus, get a cam and pay off mortgage, in 6-8 years, do same again while renting first one out, pay off in 5-7 years, do it once more while renting two props out an pay off in 3-4 years. Then ill have no mortgage, and 2 rent incomes....boomed!. Just going to wait for the bottom of the housing market before I execute.

Comment

Working...
          X