• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stephen Fry in USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Fry in USA

Anyone else been watching this. On the one hand I have been loving this programme whilst at the same time thinking to myself 'ffs I must be getting old'.

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Anyone else been watching this. On the one hand I have been loving this programme whilst at the same time thinking to myself 'ffs I must be getting old'.
    Yeh it's great, he pretty much shares my own views about America and Americans (gentle admiration at the same time as appreciating their downsides) we tour there often and I'm still collecting states (up to 20 now, hoping to pick up another 5 or 6 in the Spring)

He's from 'our' generation, it's not suprising we identify with him.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
      I'm still collecting states (up to 20 now, hoping to pick up another 5 or 6 in the Spring)

And presumably once you have collected them you are then going to bore every poor barsteward that you meet between then and when you die.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        And presumably once you have collected them you are then going to bore every poor barsteward that you meet between then and when you die.
        Nope, I rarely talk about it, since most people are on a crusade against Americans/Microsoft/McDonalds/OtherNamlessEvil. It's almost as embarassing to say you like the US these days as to admit you're a Christian or a terrorist or something.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

The Jock-straps have always held a morbid fascination with the Septics, must be an ancestral Celt thing I suppose.

Comment

I only caught a bit of the last one, but did enjoy watching him squirm whilst talking to the madam and her employee at the licensed brothel in Nevada.

Stephen Fry is always good value, I really enjoy QI too.

Maybe its cos I'm >40, and am allergic to reality TV, soaps and talent shows, but I hardly switch the darn thing on these days and in doing so miss little gems like Stephen Fry in America.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Maybe its cos I'm >40, and am allergic to reality TV, soaps and talent shows, but I hardly switch the darn thing on these days and in doing so miss little gems like Stephen Fry in America.
              I've sky plussed the series. Been brilliant imo.

Comment

Yeah I've been glued - the last one was awesome.....sailing down the Colarado river in that house boat with a Jacuzzi on it....that looked amazing!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

He's an intelligent, articulate & interesting chap is Mr Fry.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    He's an intelligent, articulate & interesting chap is Mr Fry.
                    You feeling ok DP? That statement is almost positve. Or have I been whooshed by the sarcasm?

Comment

Working...
                    X