UK - basket case ? UK - basket case ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,001

    Default UK - basket case ?

    I'm alright Jack

  2. #2

    Fingers like lightning

    Purple Dalek has no reputation

    Purple Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    900

    Default

    I hate these journos who talk everything up. It's going to be bad in the UK really really bad.

  3. #3

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    I hate these journos who talk everything up. It's going to be bad in the UK really really bad.
    Stop sugar coating it. We're talking worse than a nuclear holocaust combined with an asteroid hit on the same day that a deadly virus escapes from a military lab. At the very least.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  4. #4

    The beerded one

    EternalOptimist is NOT a disguised employee

    EternalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Castle Saburac
    Posts
    22,442

    Default

    Outlook As Gordon Brown plans his reflationary strategy, an old bogey has returned to haunt the Government's ambitions – the possibility of a sterling crisis



    In my opinion, any journo that manages to mention an old bogey in the same article that mentions GB is a fkn genius




    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

  5. #5

    Double Godlike!

    oracleslave 's job has never been outsourced

    oracleslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    10,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post


    In my opinion, any journo that manages to mention an old bogey in the same article that mentions GB is a fkn genius

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    Purple Dalek has no reputation

    Purple Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Stop sugar coating it. We're talking worse than a nuclear holocaust combined with an asteroid hit on the same day that a deadly virus escapes from a military lab. At the very least.
    With Brownstuff on the box saying it's not an asteroid but a fluffy bunny coming to say hello and will land quietly in a deserted part of shropshire.

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    ace00 is too good to be a permie

    ace00's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Out of town
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    Sick man of Europe.
    Cap in hand to the IMF.
    Binmen on strike.
    Flares, sideburns and Ford Cortinas.
    Jumpers for goal posts.
    Marvellous.
    Bored.

  8. #8

    Banned

    Cyberman has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    4,892

    Default

    Gordon has his fingers in the till and with an election looming he is going on a spending spree and create more debt. If he cannot cut public spending when we need to, I see no hope of him ever cutting it. That means higher and higher taxes, but he will do anything for another few years of power. Keep voting for him!!

  9. #9

    Fingers like lightning

    Purple Dalek has no reputation

    Purple Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace00 View Post
    Sick man of Europe.
    Cap in hand to the IMF.
    Binmen on strike.
    Flares, sideburns and Ford Cortinas.
    Jumpers for goal posts.
    Marvellous.
    All we need now are piles of coffins outside graveyards and it'll be the 1970's, except it'll be worse and the music will be crap.

  10. #10

    Contractor Among Contractors

    ace00 is too good to be a permie

    ace00's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Out of town
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    All we need now are piles of coffins outside graveyards and it'll be the 1970's, except it'll be worse and the music will be crap.
    They still have music? I thought they just recycled the old stuff for teenagers who never heard it before.
    Bored.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •