• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fiction I like Douglas Coupland for nice querky stuff and Paul Auster for nice and calm stuff. And I am currently reading Ayn Rands "The Fountainhead", great stuff she writes for keeping me motivated to work hard.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Yup - but job hunting lacks the mental stimulation I can only get from posting on a board full of chaps such as yourself.
      Your optimism and insight keeps me going
      Don't forget to vote in the "Get rid of DP poll"

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I love the fact that I get you googling. I am really flattered!
        Didn't!!! I love to make you think that I have done something I haven't!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          For fiction I like Douglas Coupland for nice querky stuff and Paul Auster for nice and calm stuff. And I am currently reading Ayn Rands "The Fountainhead", great stuff she writes for keeping me motivated to work hard.
          The Fountainhead is on the Lost list of books

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Literary_works

Which i keep deviating from
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            £103 from an amazon market place seller
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Two-Thre.../dp/0003131696
            WHAT!!!! That must be a joke or something. I doubt very much that its rare - my daughters school has loads of copies of them.

And to be honest the characterisation and plot are not up to much
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Try Sven Hassel's war stories. Don't often see his books in the shops, but they have been republished recently so you can get them from Amazon. Forgotten genius. Black humour refined to perfection.

Comment

Working...
              X