• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Guitar Solo ... Ever.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    In the middle of Best Cover Version Ever.
    I mean of course Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower.

I'd also put in a vote for Cream's Sunshine of Your Love: Clapton lifted the opening part of the solo from Blue Moon (Sunshine, Moon, geddit?) and over the course of the solo, headed back to Sunshine. Not flashy, clever.

Comment

I mean of course Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower.

I'd also put in a vote for Cream's Sunshine of Your Love: Clapton lifted the opening part of the solo from Blue Moon (Sunshine, Moon, geddit?) and over the course of the solo, headed back to Sunshine. Not flashy, clever.
      What aboot Hendrix cover of Sunshine of your love ??

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        What aboot Hendrix cover of Sunshine of your love ??
        Special Cream tribute on the Lulu show? Yes, I am afraid that I remember that.

Nothing ever touched All Along The Watchtower. I think that's why he never did another Dylan cover: he knew that he'd never surpass that.

Comment

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird

Joe Satriani - The Extremist
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Eric Clapton - Crossroads
            When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

"Beat It" - Michael Jackon (solo by EVH)

"Eruption" - EVH

"Freebird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Telegraph Road" - Dire Straits
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Special Cream tribute on the Lulu show? Yes, I am afraid that I remember that.

Nothing ever touched All Along The Watchtower. I think that's why he never did another Dylan cover: he knew that he'd never surpass that.
                Me too - I think Jimi was playing Hey Jo when he decided to cut short and play Sunshine as a tribute to cream (Jack Bruce hails from my hametown) then they ended up pulling the plug on the band much to the astonishement of LuLu.

Its probably on UTube - I can tbe bothered with all that new fangled technolgy - only joking I watch a LOT of Goden Oldies on U TUbe - current fav is Yellow Submarin - George Harrisons Its All Too Much - now hopw about the intro for a guitar solo - and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds I coud watch that for ever .... and you're gone ...

As for Watchtower - yes that solo - yes when I hear that there must be a God.

Whit - something bigger than Alf ???

Aye - maybe.

Comment

Frank Zappa - Black Napkins esp the live version on As An Am, though the original on Zoot Allures ain't bad either

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Frank Zappa - Black Napkins esp the live version on As An Am, though the original on Zoot Allures ain't bad either
                    Aye - I liked the Original - with other gems such as 'Wind up working in a Gas Station' and 'Miss Pinky' dedicated to Life like Dolls -$36.75 - boys give her a try ...'

'She never talk back like a lady might do -
                    and she looks like she loves it every time I get through ...'

Comment

...and she's washable!

Comment

Working...
                      X