• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Call of Duty 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a PS3 but I'll probably buy the PC version mainly due to the controls.

The one good thing about a console is that you know it will run on it and that you won't have to @rse about with it to get it to work or reduce the graphics detail because the card you bought last month is now out of date.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      Erm PC!!

£10 cheaper and you get to use a mouse and keyboard (Which is the only way to play first person shooters).

It's a no brainer!!
      WHS

Comment

Anyone played FarCry2 yet? Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          If you just want value, then I agree. Game X on a console is a cheaper option.

But I would strongly advocate that you are not getting true value, because you are getting an essentially "dumbed down" experience with the console, and not experiencing the game in its entirety as the creator intended.

There are some graphics cards out there which alone cost more than a console, and are capable of producing amazing effects which enhance the gaming experience.

A good game is the sum of all its parts, and if a game is handicapped by hardware, then you are not getting the best out of the game.
          I don't agree. I'm not bothered that a shiny shady effect is only available on the PC - to my eyes most games I've played on the Xbox recently (COD4, BioShock) look bloody amazing and don't detract from the game play - which, for me, is the key ingredient.

And to say that games are dumbed down for the console has it arse about face somewhat. Games tend to be developed for the Xbox directly then ported (albeit with slightly shinier graphics) to the PC later - e.g. Halo2. This is because the market is bigger...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Our PS3 version arrived yesterday - mainly because No.1 son has a network of friends that all play online together.

I personally prefer keyboard/mouse for FPS games.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Also PS3. I must be in a minority though as I find the console controls far easier than PC for 1st person shoot-em ups.

The only games that I still play on the PC are Age of Empires/Civilization type games which do work better with a mouse.
              Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                Also PS3. I must be in a minority though as I find the console controls far easier than PC for 1st person shoot-em ups.
                No son would agree with you - he's very, very good at COD4 online on the PS3.

The only games that I still play on the PC are Age of Empires/Civilization type games which do work better with a mouse.
                Definitely. Anyone tried tried the Civ console variant - Civilization Revolution?
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Me too.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    I shall be buying it tomorrow whilst "working from home".

Xbox, as I haven't got a PS3
                    Ditto! got it on 360, bought it at 830 this morning, just finishing a PID and a project closure report before wasting the day away!
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
                      I laugh out loud at the peeps in this pole that voted they do not care.

ffs you are Computer Contractors, aka uber geeks.

It's 360 all the way. No one in a contract I have worked on in the last 24 months has owned up to owning a PS3.

Are you who voted do not care that much under the thumb?
                      i do not care

no, really - i do not care. i don't have an xbox or a ps. i do have a few pc's but won't be buying it for any of them either.

still, i was wondering which would be the best console and now i know that if i ever feel the need to buy one it will be a ps3.

Comment

Working...
                      X