• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been done for speeding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been done for speeding?

Been stopped once for speeding but got away with it.

Poll to follow...
    I have never been caught speeding
    30.00%
    I have been caught and fined for speeding
    55.71%
    I have been caught speeding but got away with it
    11.43%
    AndyW is my chauffeur
    2.86%
    Me, me, me...

haven't we all?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      haven't we all?

shockingly, there are a large number of people who stick to the speed limits and have never had a point on their license
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        shockingly, there are a large number of people who stick to the speed limits and have never had a point on their license

there is

--

That group is shrinking very quickly - these days 3 points for speeding offences are even mostly ignored by insurance companies because too many have them, so in a way it became meaningless metric.

My license is clean now.

Comment

Not yet, but I suppose there is time.
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Yes, but have elected to do one of those speed awareness courses to avoid the points. Anyone else done one, did you learn anything interesting other than speed kills

Comment

In a car?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

i was driving like a prat, round a roundabout at Chatham train station the wrong way, doing 53 in a 30. i was young and stupid.

I was finally stopped by a copper as i pull in the barracks. he dragged me out, checked my ID and then said "you're lucky its knocking off time and it's darts night". slapped me round the head and gave me to the duty sgt.

I wish the plod had done me. took a kicking and a good beasting for that... made me learn though.
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Never been done in 14 years of driving, although I'm sure it's more by good luck than good judgement.
                  Last edited by DiscoStu; 14 November 2008, 12:54. Reason: Oops
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                    Yes, but have elected to do one of those speed awareness courses to avoid the points. Anyone else done one, did you learn anything interesting other than speed kills
                    Yup, about 6 months ago. It wasn't too bad (better than points anyway), though I don't recall learning anything specifically. There's highway code stuff covered again which you may have forgotten, such as the significant of the length of the white lines on roads, but I've forgotten what it is now.

p.s. in the group-session thing, the kid probably dies because he hits his head.

Comment

Working...
                    X