• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Words and phrases I will not use/hate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you ask if anyones seen Mike Oxard?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      "Australian rising question tonation?
      Because everything's a question?
      Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

I hate it when my wife and her friends say things like Spag Bog. And describe things as Mega.

Am I just a f**kin snob?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          "off of"
          "like" instead of said
          Australian rising question tonation?
          "Oh my God"
          another vote for "Movies"
          "Minger" = horrible scouse word
          woman
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I hate it when my wife and her friends say things like Spag Bog. And describe things as Mega.

Am I just a f**kin snob?
            Only if you sh*g her after you have sneered at her
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
              Because everything's a question?
              It is really irritating, and teenagers and the young are doing it now, even the posh ones.

Comment

Phoning somebody and saying "it's me". Who else is it going to be?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

"Peeps"

Cojak

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I meant on the phone. I get irritated by sales people opening the conversation with "how are you?"
                    Yes, that really really pisses me off too.

I usually just tell them to get on with it or ask them what they're selling.

Alternatively say "not very well, my wife died of cancer last week".
                    That throws them.

Comment

"Going forward"

What the hell does that mean, and when did it come into common usage amongst pimply junior managers and wannabees?

As well as sounding utterly spastic, the phrase is often used as some kind of immutable and unanswerable closure to a conversation. As in...

"I'm sorry Mr Bogey, that we at Dire Co. have not satisfied your customer service expectations this time, but we will take your comments on board and will improve our call-handling process GOING FORWARD".

In reality most the the imbeciles that utter this drivel are generally pretty backward.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X