• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Words and phrases I will not use/hate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7733264.stm

Comment

"WHS"

Should only be used in the context of, I'm just popping into WHS to pick up a paper.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

"to be fair" and "to be honest" are great phrases to set up an insult. Not so good in the context of a serious conversation.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          "WHS"

Should only be used in the context of, I'm just popping into WHS to pick up a paper.
          WHS
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
            That and a picture of her left tit goes to the highest bidder
            And you'd be the right tit?

... IGMC
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              How are you? when the person does not know you.
              Mate
              When addressing someone by their name they say "guilty as charged"
              'outwith'

Cannot stand it - use outside or anything else

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                On the phone I get cross with anything apart from goodbye.

I really do not like the phone.

We've got a trainee recruitment consultant that feels like that!
                I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  How are you? when the person does not know you.
                  Mate
                  When addressing someone by their name they say "guilty as charged"

gets me everytime
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                  X