• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passport Renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Dont go abroad!

Sorted.......

Or get your passport whilst you're abroad at a tenth of the price. Surely the EU allow that don't they, as long as you're on holiday in Europe and need a passport to get back ?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      But I'm sure there's a backdoor in there somewhere.
      There isn't. Why the heck would I want one? That would destroy reputation and 4 years of hard work, and what for? I would not do it for a million quid.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Dont go abroad!

Sorted.......
        Until the government make it compulsory! Those who cant afford it go to debtors prison.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          There isn't. Why the heck would I want one? That would destroy reputation and 4 years of hard work, and what for? I would not do it for a million quid.
          But for two million?

Maybe there's some ex-KGB thugs threatening your squirrels.

[If I get banned and this thread disappears, you know why. The power of AtW and his SKA!]
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Maybe there's some ex-KGB thugs threatening your squirrels.
            Don't give them any ideas!

Comment

WTF is PAH drivelling on about?

Jesus, some people are so busy being paranoid that they can't even be paranoid about normal stuff - they have to pick on somebody or some product at random and be paranoid about them, then turn it into a fight, with spurious and nonsensical ramblings for weapons

Anyway, to address the original post, the reason for the increased cost is to pay for the "biometric"/RFID chip in the passport, and the associated database, without which our rebellious colonial cousins in North America won't allow you to enter their country.

So it's the fault of George W Bush, Dick Cheney, and their cronies at Halliburton, together with their lickspittle lackeys over here whose only response to any demand imposed by the US Government™ is "How far over?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                our rebellious colonial cousins in North America

the patriots

Comment

Working...
                X