• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris - slightly redeemed himself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris - slightly redeemed himself

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ris/article.do

The Mayor criticised Mr Brown for gambling with the financial fortunes of the capital. "He is like some sherry-crazed old dowager who has lost the family silver at roulette, and who now decides to double up by betting the house as well," he wrote in his Daily Telegraph column.

"He is like a drunk who has woken to the most appalling hangover, and who reaches for the whisky bottle to help him dull the pain."
    I think they guys a plonker but completely agree with him on this

Politicians who state the truth don't tend to last long in the UK. Poor Boris, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
      Politicians who state the truth don't tend to last long in the UK. Poor Boris, it was fun whilst it lasted.
      How long did we have to put up with Red Ken for?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        How long did we have to put up with Red Ken for?
        Did he ever say anything sensible? Apart from the newts, which lets face it, people missed the truth as it was hidden by the comedy, which is how he got away with it.

Comment

I remember Boris pledging that the first thing he would do as mayor would be to sit down with the RMT and get a no-strike agreement. Ken and Brian told him that it wouldn't happen, and he just called them defeatist and said London needed someone positive to get it done.

I emailed him when they were last threatening action to ask how that agreement was looking, and the useless git didn't even bother to tell me.

Politicians, eh!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I remember Boris pledging that the first thing he would do as mayor would be to sit down with the RMT and get a no-strike agreement. Ken and Brian told him that it wouldn't happen, and he just called them defeatist and said London needed someone positive to get it done.

I emailed him when they were last threatening action to ask how that agreement was looking, and the useless git didn't even bother to tell me.

Politicians, eh!
            I should think he was busy coiffing his fopish hair....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I should think he was busy coiffing his fopish hair....
              His auto-reply said that he was very busy, but would get back to me as soon as he could.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                His auto-reply said that he was very busy, but would get back to me as soon as he could.
                Translation: F--k off prole.

Comment

Boris Johnson was looking promising for a while but I'm afraid with regard to his views on providing amnesty to illegal immigrants he has used up his Brownie points, and then some.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3695048.ece

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Boris Johnson was looking promising for a while but I'm afraid with regard to his views on providing amnesty to illegal immigrants he has used up his Brownie points, and then some.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3695048.ece
                    It's been tried in Barcelona, and it worked rather well.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X