• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange

Has anybody tried to get a business phone out of them? I'm having a mare trying to get two handsets on their sharetime price plan. Much of it seems to involve their staff not reading what I sent through..

So far I have had to create a purchase order.

Knocked up a word doc with company details on it - name, registered office, company number. This was signed with the word Director under my name. It listed what I wanted i.e. make and model of the handsets and the tarriff. Was knocked back on the grounds that it wasn't on company noteheaded paper. That it didn't detail what I wanted (it did) and that it didn't state my postion in the company (it did).

Produced a second, much more professional looking one. This one was knocked back because

1 - the company isn't registered!! It shows on companies house website and shows that I am fully up to date with everything.
    2 - That the phone number I gave out was not a business phone but a residentail one - Why would I need a business fixed land line when I have a mobile!

At no time can you speak to the people who are rejecting the purchase orders and there is nowhere where you can find out the info which goes in them.

Onto another phone company!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I think you'll find that Orange has been taken over by the french and hence they do not understand business.
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Tu as sûrement raison.
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

garlic-eating surrender-monkies

Comment

and that reminds me....

Recentlty (after the London bombings ) received a text regarding the filthy slugs from across the channel.....

After the recent terrorist activities in London the French terror alert has been raised from "RUN" to "HIDE". There are only two higher states "SURRENDER" and "COLLABERATE"

How very true !
          I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
            How very true !
            Every fully occupied territory had its share of collaborators, do you have prove the French had higher %-tage than anybody else?

Comment

One of their call centre muppets said that he had never heard of a company who don't user purchase orders. OK how many of you lot have a purchase order system?

Also, why the requirement to have a fixed business line? They are a mobile company ffs. Surely a mobile company could see how a little compant could work without having a landline if they have a mobile.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Because we had a serious documentary series on TV called 'Allo Allo a while back
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
                  After the recent terrorist activities in London the French terror alert has been raised from "RUN" to "HIDE". There are only two higher states "SURRENDER" and "COLLABERATE"

BTW Tony, make sure you cut and paste what you have told us in a letter to someone high up in Orange (preferably someone who is English, because the French treat this as normal business practice).

Comment

Have emailed them and will post a copy also. I'm aiming to get one of them to waste as much time as thay have wasted of mine.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X